Baron

La Russa arrested for DUI in Feb; charged day before hire

On 11/19/2020 at 11:03 AM, SonofaRoache said:

We don't know this for a fact. For all we know Hahn and Kenny may have disliked the idea at first but were talked into it. Or maybe JR assured them he would allow them free reign to spend money this offseason and to make trades as they see fit to go along with the hiring of a Hall of Fame manager. 

Paul Sullivan was on with Laurence Holmes and shared my opinion that Jerry was going to hire "his guy" regardless of what the Sox did in Oakland, and that it was made before the Cleveland series. I don't think Rick or Kenny had a say in the firing or hiring, and think Rick Renteria would have returned in 2021 if Jerry didn't intercede.

32:45-35:25 mark for discussion regarding the entire debacle.

https://www.radio.com/670thescore/podcasts/laurence-holmes-on-670-the-score-61/holmes-paul-sullivan-interview-hour-1-350531224

• Like 1

TLR will spend the next month and a half or so in quarantine with his stepbrothers Jim Beam, Jack Daniels, and Johnny Walker.  The only thing under their tree is going to be beer cans, pizza boxes, and puke.  And it won't have any lights on it either because they're too damn bright.

17 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Paul Sullivan was on with Laurence Holmes and shared my opinion that Jerry was going to hire "his guy" regardless of what the Sox did in Oakland, and that it was made before the Cleveland series. I don't think Rick or Kenny had a say in the firing or hiring, and think Rick Renteria would have returned in 2021 if Jerry didn't intercede.

32:45-35:25 mark for discussion regarding the entire debacle.

https://www.radio.com/670thescore/podcasts/laurence-holmes-on-670-the-score-61/holmes-paul-sullivan-interview-hour-1-350531224

thanks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

Originally I had big plans for a lot of White Sox merch this Christmas,  until the TLR train wreck happened.  Instead this is my gift to myself.

https://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/refurbished-powershot-g1-x-mark-iii

Last season was my first season being in a group for season tickets. Our money will roll over into next season but I would gladly take a refund if I could get one.

I hope the team wins but I can't be 100 percent all in like I was before TLR.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, YourWhatHurts said:

9:30am is too early for TLR.  

Sounds like he is pretty used to sleeping in his car.