La Russa arrested for DUI in Feb; charged day before hire

Baron

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

They COULD have done something like this at any point.  There could have been some public statement or presser talking about what he has been doing to change his life or to make sure this wouldn't happen again.  Instead this cowardly organization hid behind the legal process.  The translation is they really don't care about what TLR has done, or what he might do in the future, otherwise they would have addressed it.

With the case pending, they did the right thing. Now once it’s closed, they better not hide behind the case and say no further comment.

15 minutes ago, fathom said:

With the case pending, they did the right thing. Now once it’s closed, they better not hide behind the case and say no further comment.

Nah, he could have been sincere and owned it.  But Tony is a loud-mouthed coward and hypocrite.  His standards only apply to everyone else.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

What's going on with TA's Twitter?  "They shook it up.  Kinda wasn't feeling it."  Has no White Sox-related images or information at all.  Is this TLR-related?  Sorry, can't embed tweet from work, someone else can if they care to.

He never had White Sox related images or information in the first place

What the hell is this?  Why is there a sticked and LOCKED thread encouraging the termination of our manager?  Tony La Russa said he was sorry.  These are the same people who couldn't accept his hiring in the first place.  It has NOTHING to do with the dui and is entirely about politics.

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Green Line said:

What the hell is this?  Why is there a sticked and LOCKED thread encouraging the termination of our manager?  Tony La Russa said he was sorry.  These are the same people who couldn't accept his hiring in the first place.  It has NOTHING to do with the dui and is entirely about politics.

You are wrong. I am more conservative. I had come to accept this hire, did Not like it but accepted it. I would want to get rid of ANY coach for a 2nd dui. If I have to explain to you why getting a 2nd dui is very very wrong you will never understand. And no I have never driven drunk or buzzed even so you can’t tell me everybody does. The guy is clearly not sorry if this is his 2nd time being CAUGHT. So yes I absolutely believe they should fire him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Green Line said:

Oh shit, he said he was sorry for his second dui?  WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME?  Good lord, you can't be serious with this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, chetkincaid said:

That TLR is going to be quite the role model for young White Sox fans.

Yep.. cause Ozzie Guillen was quite the role model for our youth when he was here. What kid actually remembers the managers of the team. When I was a kid going to games, I watched the players and made them my "idols". Yes, it's not good he has 2 DUI's. It's ridiculous and he shouldn't have been offered the job knowing that he had 2, but to act like he should be fired now because of being a role model for kids... come on! 

21 minutes ago, TheCommish said:

Yep.. cause Ozzie Guillen was quite the role model for our youth when he was here. What kid actually remembers the managers of the team. When I was a kid going to games, I watched the players and made them my "idols". Yes, it's not good he has 2 DUI's. It's ridiculous and he shouldn't have been offered the job knowing that he had 2, but to act like he should be fired now because of being a role model for kids... come on! 

And yet he wasn't arrested twice for DUI.

On 11/19/2020 at 1:45 PM, shakes said:

It also telling when people work so hard to ignore what is right in front of them. It's not hard to see what kind of a person LaRussa is, he's laid it out there since he started his managing career here.

I'm not surprised people have come around on the hire, I am surprised people are coming out to defend him as a person, although I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

I am not defending TLR the person I am defending him against bullshit narratives concocted by people who clearly have an axe to grind for reasons they refuse to admit publicly. I for the record didn't want him hired either but he is here and I have moved on and so should everyone else.

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/white-sox/lucas-giolito-tony-la-russa-theres-not-much-complain-about-there

Probably posted before, but whatever. Giolito on La Russa "I've had a couple conversations with him on the phone, and we didn't get into too many specifics, but I am a big fan of his coaching philosophy, I guess you could say". 

• Love 1

17 hours ago, TheCommish said:

Not to mention there will be whitesox players who are going to be arrested for DUI whether it be mary jane or another substance like alcohol. It's going to happen at some point heck it likely already has but just hasn't been reported on and if you look at other sports like the NFL where the media does a better job of tracking arrests it's the most common arrest or citation.

I'd rather not be a position of having to explain why TLR DUI is somehow different then theirs but hey that is just me.

14 hours ago, Vulture said:

Personally I couldn't care less. No one got hurt. Just don't let him drive the bus, problem solved.

“And what’s worse is you’re using blind luck to justify your playing god”

-Admiral Pike to Captain Kirk, Kelvin Timeline, Star Trek Into Darkness.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Vulture said:

Personally I couldn't care less. No one got hurt. Just don't let him drive the bus, problem solved.

That’s a bad take. If your neighbor got looped and decided to go out in the back yard and just shoot his gun off, would you be OK with that as long as no one was hurt? A car is a weapon when you are drunk. He already was arrested for this offense previously and Mr. Sincere Legitimacy told us it would never happen again. And it did. And when it did, he thought his HOF ring was a get out of jail free card. He has shown his true colors.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2