La Russa arrested for DUI in Feb; charged day before hire

Baron

Just now, ShoeLessRob said:

It’s just so hypocritical for this moron to cry about the integrity of the game, when he’s literally committing crimes and endangering his life and others. Talk about a great ambassador for the sport.

Literally days apart too. Both the most recent interview and the DUI were in February.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Other point:

He's been caught twice. How many times has he been out without having hit a curb or fallen asleep? 

This is exactly why they have to part ways.  This isn’t a singular event, but a pattern with a recent incident coming to light now.  He is a potential danger to himself and others.  

There are so many things wrong with this that it is unbelieveable. For Reinny to do this intentionally makes me wonder if he shouldn't be banned from baseball by MLB itself. And who in the hell advises him anyway? Did they somehow think that they would get away with this and hide it from the public? Good luck with that, right? This is total crap on every front. Look, I'm no prude and I do think that alcoholism is an illness that can and should be treated. BUT. every company in the world that I know of requires its employees to obey civil and criminal rules and driving while drunk can result in deaths and injuries to innocent people. IF Reinny doesn't step in and fire him, then the commissioner of baseball needs to do it and punish Reinny for doing what he did and didn't do. 

1 minute ago, The Hawk said:

There are so many things wrong with this that it is unbelieveable. For Reinny to do this intentionally makes me wonder if he shouldn't be banned from baseball by MLB itself. And who in the hell advises him anyway? Did they somehow think that they would get away with this and hide it from the public? Good luck with that, right? This is total crap on every front. Look, I'm no prude and I do think that alcoholism is an illness that can and should be treated. BUT. every company in the world that I know of requires its employees to obey civil and criminal rules and driving while drunk can result in deaths and injuries to innocent people. IF Reinny doesn't step in and fire him, then the commissioner of baseball needs to do it and punish Reinny for doing what he did and didn't do. 

How do you want this asshole leading your young team!

36 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

How the F*** have Hahn and Williams not resigned? 

Staying on and being ok with this, because the money is more important to you? Is that all you care about? Does he need to kill someone in the season?

No offense, but this is pretty ridiculous.  If Rick Hahn was going to resign, it would be over the fact he was undermined by Jerry, not because a douchebag with a drinking problem got a DUI.

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

No offense, but this is pretty ridiculous.  If Rick Hahn was going to resign, it would be over the fact he was undermined by Jerry, not because a douchebag with a drinking problem got a DUI.

"Undermined by Jerry in order to hire a douchebag with a drinking problem". It's like the icing on the cake. With a chance of seriously injuring someone midseason.

26 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Why on Earth are other people in the front office ok with this? Do they want literal blood on their hands if he does it again midseason?

Stop with this bullshit dude.  Tony La Russa can drive drunk whether he’s a member of the Sox or not, so stop trying to assign blame for his shitty actions to people who have nothing to do with his off the field behavior.

• Like 2