**How to contact the White Sox & sponsors to demand Tony LaRussa's termination**

southsider2k5

5 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Just remember, that if the way you make your voice heard is through sponsors and the Sox lose sponsors, Reinsdorf can turn right around do next to nothing this off season while claiming the team is in dire financial straits. He wouldn't have to specifically mention losing sponsors since that would be admitting his actions caused it. He already has a built in excuse to go cheap with the Pandemic.

If you write sponsors just because you are choosing the moral high ground  then what I just said is no concern but if you would like the Sox to have a productive off season you might be putting that at risk although it's already hard enough to determine how much the Sox would spend on payroll this off season.

Also the Sox are not one of the teams that has announced the firing of long time organization employees. Another consequence of your actions could be people not named LaRussa losing their jobs. Remember shit rolls down hill and it's the guys on the bottom of the organizational dung heap that get shit canned 1st.

Thank you for saying this.  The Cancel Culture, which is what this is here, never ever thinks about the consequences in the big picture.  

Driving drunk is a problem and LaRussa  needs help.  But really, he's  a 76 old man and unfortunately people like this don't change this late in the game of life.   I would hope Reinsdorf would do the morally correct thing here and terminate his contract.  But then again, he's another stubborn old man stuck in his ways.  

3 hours ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Thank you for saying this.  The Cancel Culture, which is what this is here, never ever thinks about the consequences in the big picture.  

Driving drunk is a problem and LaRussa  needs help.  But really, he's  a 76 old man and unfortunately people like this don't change this late in the game of life.   I would hope Reinsdorf would do the morally correct thing here and terminate his contract.  But then again, he's another stubborn old man stuck in his ways.  

The petty bullshit that is this thread never would have started if the sox hired cheaters cora or hinch and they blew a 0.09. This is petty bullshit from posters who were already against TLR. 

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

It is not just A DUI, but now 2 DUIs.

The tone-deaf hiring of TLR by that lunatic, loathsome owner was a horrid business decision on many levels. 

TLR's defiance and arrogance garners no sympathy from me.

If he really cares about this organization, he"ll back away on his own.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ChiSox1917 said:

The petty bullshit that is this thread never would have started if the sox hired cheaters cora or hinch and they blew a 0.09. This is petty bullshit from posters who were already against TLR. 

Tell people who have lost loved ones to drunk drivers (I'm not even one of them) how "petty" you think this is, and also stuff your ridiculous assumptions about what people would have done if it were a different coach.

Edited by RagahRagah
  • Thanks 4

I decided to email in support of TLR. You all have lost your minds. He got a DUI admitted it - tells the truth - and guess how many of you or at least many people you know get away with it more than you can count and never apologized to anyone or lost your jobs? I blew a .10 after waiting an hour and having five drinks in around 4.5 hours. Drove at hour 5.5 or so not a heavy drinker. Guess what, DUI. And since? Do I deserve to lose my job? My reputation? No I learned from it and moved on. Oh he did it twice. Well he’s more than twice my age. I know people that do it all the time and you do too. National shunning is absurd and as for Stroman? Who cares about your kneeling or whatever opinions. You realize Tony La Russa wouldn’t give a damn if you were on his team. And he was out of context anyway I don’t even know why I’m discussing this. I’m not political at all. The fact is the media has blown up this guy to be some sort of fuck up and racist unfit to manage and all I see is a HOF actively taking this team to the next level. All of you in this topic need to get a grip for campaigning to get him out. You don’t even know the man and even so look in the mirror. You never had more drinks than you should’ve and drove? Seriously?

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Jeff Liefer said:

I decided to email in support of TLR. You all have lost your minds. He got a DUI admitted it - tells the truth - and guess how many of you or at least many people you know get away with it more than you can count and never apologized to anyone or lost your jobs? I blew a .10 after waiting an hour and having five drinks in around 4.5 hours. Drove at hour 5.5 or so not a heavy drinker. Guess what, DUI. And since? Do I deserve to lose my job? My reputation? No I learned from it and moved on. Oh he did it twice. Well he’s more than twice my age. I know people that do it all the time and you do too. National shunning is absurd and as for Stroman? Who cares about your kneeling or whatever opinions. You realize Tony La Russa wouldn’t give a damn if you were on his team. And he was out of context anyway I don’t even know why I’m discussing this. I’m not political at all. The fact is the media has blown up this guy to be some sort of fuck up and racist unfit to manage and all I see is a HOF actively taking this team to the next level. All of you in this topic need to get a grip for campaigning to get him out. You don’t even know the man and even so look in the mirror. You never had more drinks than you should’ve and drove? Seriously?

You seem political when you decide to bring the kneeling issue into this.

• Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Jeff Liefer said:

My minor league managers went straight to the clubhouse fridge stocked with beer after every damn game - might as well fire the entire farm staff too 

18 minutes ago, Jeff Liefer said:

Not sure what the first statement has to do with anything, but cool I guess?  As for the second, no one is saying strip his accomplishments or his HOF record.  We just don’t want La Russa as our manager right now for obvious reasons and the DUI is really the final nail in the coffin.  And this goes beyond just driving drunk, but rather the fact that La Russa has deemed himself the judge & jury of sincerity and meanwhile is unable to live up to his word.  He’s an ego-driven hypocrite and that’s not going to fly in our clubhouse.

• Thanks 3

I have been thinking more and more on this and keep going back n forth except on one topic:

The one I am set on. I dont think its a good idea to email the sponsors. Unless you care more about getting rid of TLR bc of the DUI than you do about the Sox winning. E-mail he Sox office all you want. I think its a great idea. No problem there.

Sponsors? Only if you dont care that if they listen we lose $. If we lose $ any chance of us spending this off-season goes out the window (and possibly next). We could literally lose the window of winning after waiting 15 years for this rebuild.

What I am going back and forth on.... TLR must lose his job.

Why yes.

-He was not the best fit to begin with. But I guess that's a moot point.

-It's sports so appearance is big. Do the Sox want the bad PR?

-If your opinion on DUIs is strong against them. *I'll explain below. 

-Some players may not respect him bc of it.

Why no.

-He got arrested for the DUI before being hired. So he was not an employee at the time.

-His driving is not part of his job objectives. How he manages the Sox on the field is. 

-Players will respect him regardless of the DUI if we are winning.

-You dont think driving under the influence defines a person. *I personally have a different view on DUIs. While you should be fined and removed from your vehicle. I do not think they should be accompanied by a charge unless you have caused damage to prop or a person/s. People get stuff on their records for what COULD have happened. We all know plenty of people who do it but either did not get caught or can handle their booze better than others (i.e not everyone is impaired by the same % of BAC).

In the end you guys do as you please and lets see what the Sox end up doing. IMO, unless TLR resigns he will be here.

3 minutes ago, Capital G said:

I have been thinking more and more on this and keep going back n forth except on one topic:

The one I am set on. I dont think its a good idea to email the sponsors. Unless you care more about getting rid of TLR bc of the DUI than you do about the Sox winning. E-mail he Sox office all you want. I think its a great idea. No problem there.

Sponsors? Only if you dont care that if they listen we lose $. If we lose $ any chance of us spending this off-season goes out the window (and possibly next). We could literally lose the window of winning after waiting 15 years for this rebuild.

Why yes.

Why no.

-He got arrested for the DUI before being hired. So he was not an employee at the time.

-His driving is not part of his job objectives. How he manages the Sox on the field is. 

-You dont think driving under the influence defines a person. *I personally have a different view on DUIs. While you should be fined and removed from your vehicle. I do not think they should be accompanied by a charge unless you have caused damage to prop or a person/s. People get stuff on their records for what COULD have happened. We all know plenty of people who do it but either did not get caught or can handle their booze better than others (i.e not everyone is impaired by the same % of BAC).

In the end you guys do as you please and lets see what the Sox end up doing. IMO, unless TLR resigns he will be here.

So if the curb he hit with his car was cracked it’s a different story?

34 minutes ago, Jeff Liefer said:

Yup he admitted it. That’s why we heard about it and he was upfront about it during his media events. It’s not like they just hoped no one would send notice of the charges to the press and that it would just go away.

• Thanks 3

25 minutes ago, Capital G said:

Why yes.

Why no.

As someone who has a friend with permanent brain damage because he was driving a car hit by a drunk driver, I believe your stance on no charge unless something really bad happens is beyond ridiculous. If I were to shoot a gun at you and miss, because I missed, does that mean I should be able to go my merry way? 

LaRussa already had a DUI and proclaimed to the world it would never happen again. It happened again, and if they just let him go his merry way this time, and the media never found out, there is a good chance it would happen in the future. The guy has a problem. Whether he drinks excessively or is a lightweight and can't handle a drink or two, it needs to be recognized. The fact is, people called it in. He was swerving all over the road. It's lucky he didn't do damage to someone or something other than his tire. He is a 76 year old man who claims to know better. But he throws out his tough guy HOFer baseball person. Legit. The guy is a piece of shit, but for some reason JR just can't get enough of him. I had enough in 1986.

But there is a double standard. If he was still playing and alive, if Bob Probert got caught doing the same thing, Blackhawks fans would be very sympathetic. 

If this was AJ Hinch, the people that wanted him hired, would spin it as nowhere near a fireable offense. And DUI's shouldn't be fireable offenses unless you are a school bus driver or a pilot, or something along those lines. DUI is a real lack of judgement. Especially from a guy like LaRussa who claims to be so sincere. For a guy so upset the police officer was embarrassing him,. he doesn't think trying to hide this and having it ultimately come out embarrasses the White Sox even worse.And they all were his actions.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 3

Perhaps based on personal experience I don't criticize anyone for things they say while drunk. So I'm giving him a pass on the I'm a hall of fame guy. People say shit when they are drunk and I'm glad friends and folks around me have forgiven some crazy shit I've posted and said while drunk and belligerent. With that preface . . .

I'm so excited that JR is so convinced Tony is the guy to lead this team to a championship he'd bring him in knowing this would come out. He's selling his soul to bring us, his most loyal fans, another World Series. I have a tear in my eye and an enjoy bottle of tequila next to be.

58 minutes ago, Jeff Liefer said:

My minor league managers went straight to the clubhouse fridge stocked with beer after every damn game - might as well fire the entire farm staff too 

Did they drive home over the limit? Because if they did, then yes fire them.

Haven't seen a single person here say coaches can't drink.

By the way, and I know it's a minor point, but he hasn't been found guilty. I can think of at least one other high profile celebrity who was charged with a DUI and it was determined later that he hadn't been drinking at all. 

I can think of a Lacrosse team that lost a chance at a national title because they were judged guilty because of arrests.

I appreciate our legal process in America and the fundamental underpinning of innocent until proven guilty. That doesn't mean I don't believe he's guilty or excusing his actions in anyway. Just an appreciation of our legal system.

1 hour ago, Jeff Liefer said:

You defend driving intoxicated and go out of your way to criticize kneeling in protest of police brutality, and further blame the media in deflection. Yet we all have lost our minds?  

58 minutes ago, Capital G said:

Why yes.

Why no.

It's less a question of whether he deserves to lose his job, and more that his behavior should have disqualified him from consideration in the first place.  If anyone else were chairman of the White Sox Tony La Russa would never have been considered for this job.  The mental gymnastics one has to go though to fit current TLR into the description of what Hahn said his ideal candidate stains credulity.  A DUI charge during the hiring process probably ends the process for any other club.  We the fans have the right to expect better from this organization. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Sarava said:

I do think TLR should resign. And I hope he does. But taking this to complaining to advertisers seems overboard. And ultimately could really hurt this franchise long-term if any of them actually pull their advertising from the Sox (doubtful).

I don't think it's overboard. This hire has the ability to do more damage than losing an advertiser, which is unlikely - and even if they do lose an advertiser - I think they deserve it and it will hold them accountable. It may even make them re-think their decisions and better understand that there are consequences for their actions.

We can also go back to advertisers, if the Sox do the right thing, to thank them for their attention and say they now support them advertising the White Sox.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2