Can Hahn Make Moves Without TLR Approval?

YourWhatHurts

Serious question.  

Is Hahn going to have to get the greenlight from ol' drinky to make FA acquisitions or complete trades?

Is drinky LaRussa going to be able to halt a transaction in progress?

Can Hahn trade a player like ReyLo for instance without Drinky LaRussa first figuring out which one of his old buddies will be pitching coach first, to make sure that his ol' pitching coach drinking buddy doesn't want to "fix him" first?

Again serious question.  Can Hahn be a GM all by his self?  And if he needs the dorfs approval re: funds is TLR on the call?

• Thanks 1

"La Russa, 76, was charged in late October with DUI by the Maricopa County Attorney's Office in Arizona after blood and breath tests taken the night of his February arrest showed his blood alcohol concentration (BAC) over the legal limit of .08."

I know its common for the 75-year-olds to hit the bottle pretty hard, and I can see the argument that they're still just kids, but at 76?  I think you need to grow up a bit and act a little more like an adult.

• Haha 1

Hahn is as we speak at the VFW sitting next to TLR and one of his 2 or 3 coaching staff candidates trying to tell him about how much better than Lopez this German guy on the Rockies is but TLR is still kind of moody because he missed that last number.  They'll probably have a few more drinks tonight and maybe they'll talk more about this trade idea thing at some point tomorrow.

Edited by YourWhatHurts

9 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’d wager than Hahn is still the primary decision maker, but the risk is if La Russa pulls an Ozzie by saying he wants Molina as part of his rotating DH and Reinsdorf making Rick accommodate.

I think Hahn will run like 95% of stuff when LaRussa doesn’t intervene, but when he crashes his car through the office wall and stumbles out saying you have to do trade x or sign player y, assistant GM Hahn will have to go along with it because the owner will listen to him and not Hahn. LaRussa will have the final personnel decision because ownership has supported him over the GM.

3 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

I think Hahn will run like 95% of stuff when LaRussa doesn’t intervene, but when he crashes his car through the office wall and stumbles out saying you have to do trade x or sign player y, assistant GM Hahn will have to go along with it because the owner will listen to him and not Hahn. LaRussa will have the final personnel decision because ownership has supported him over the GM.

Yeah that "when LaRussa doesn't intervene" part has me more than a little worried.

Not even kidding, bringing TLR in could be kind of like doing that Tatis Jr for Shields deal again in terms of the overall impact against the organization if he is allowed to make decisions.

• Like 1