New Manager. Who could sox target at this point?

KrankinSox

6 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

I think Bochy is one guy where this situation has been toxic enough and disrespectful enough that he wouldn’t take the job unless he was made the highest paid coach in the league. And the guy who hired his drinking buddy won’t do that.

Every other name you mention...we should have interviewed them back in October. But they will still almost certainly have interest. I do wonder if any of them will have conditions about taking the job because of this 💩 show.

I don't think Bochy would be offended we went with LaRussa when we never even officially interviewed him. If we had hired Hinch or an unproven guy like Fuld, had that blow up in our faces, and then went back to him I could see him being angry at being the 2nd choice. But he is a contemporary of Larussa and a baseball lifer, I am sure he is familiar enough to be comfortable with owner cronyism, and I don't think he's going to be insulted that we went with a guy who was considered the gold standard of managing for much of Bochy's career.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, A-Train to 35th said:

Let's say Tony were to resign since Jerry won't fire him without looking like a bigger idiot than he already does.  My guess is Jerry would be Jerry and go cheap and make Joe McEwing the manager.  Gotta feel for Rick Hahn.

I really don't tho.  He's a smart guy....he had to know he would be the lapdog to the lapdog to the owner.  Not saying I wouldn't have taken the gig, but all of MLB has gotta know Hahn's payoff will be with another team.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JoeBatadatz said:

I really don't tho.  He's a smart guy....he had to know he would be the lapdog to the lapdog to the owner.  Not saying I wouldn't have taken the gig, but all of MLB has gotta know Hahn's payoff will be with another team.

I agree and when you think about it, Hahn really is in a no lose situation. He just got named Executive of the Year. The sports world knows that it wasn't his decision for hiring TLR, anything but. He just needs to play the good soldier and hope the Sox win next season and Tony gets fired. Then start accepting calls from other organizations. I think that the Angels are a big possibility. Maybe the Rockies. Diamond Backs? Who knows?