Jerry Reinsdorf - time to go? Yay or Nay!

Thad Bosley

Are you, the fan of the Chicago White Sox, ready for a new owner?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Are you, the fan of the Chicago White Sox, ready for a new owner?

• YES! It’s been 40 years of constant dysfunction throughout Reinsdorf’s tenure and I’m tired of it
    • Yes, but only because of this recent Tony LaRussa episode
    • Not ready for that conclusion just yet
    • No, I may not be happy with the current LaRussa situation, but otherwise I’ve been satisfied with Reinsdorf’s performance
    • NO! The LaRussa situation is being overblown, and is distorting what has otherwise been a great 40 year run

If it's true the Sox knew about Tony's DUI before hiring him, this is Jerry's legacy, his low moment as an owner. Totally taking care of a buddy when that buddy has (allegedly) committed an inexcusable crime. Jerry has erased all good will from the one WS title. If he ever shows his face at a Sox game he should be booed. We all know how favoritism works, but this is inexcusable. The commissioner should suspend LaRussa one full season and publicly reprimand the Sox front office/ownership group.

Edited by greg775

Just now, greg775 said:

If it's true the Sox knew about Tony's DUI before hiring him, this is Jerry's legacy, his low moment as an owner. Totally taking care of a buddy when that buddy has (allegedly) committed an inexcusable crime. Jerry has erased all good will from the one WS title. If he ever shows his face at a Sox game he should be booed. We all know how favoritism works, but this is inexcusable.

Did you actually just find out about this?

21 minutes ago, greg775 said:

If it's true the Sox knew about Tony's DUI before hiring him, this is Jerry's legacy, his low moment as an owner. Totally taking care of a buddy when that buddy has (allegedly) committed an inexcusable crime. Jerry has erased all good will from the one WS title. If he ever shows his face at a Sox game he should be booed. We all know how favoritism works, but this is inexcusable. The commissioner should suspend LaRussa one full season and publicly reprimand the Sox front office/ownership group.

Reinsdorf fires Commissioners, Commissioners do not suspend Reinsdorf or his guys, unless they are players he doesn’t want to pay. Manfred is a drunken boob, listen to his slurred speech during the “piece of metal” presentation to the Dodgers.

It will be interesting to see if fans boo Reinsdorf’s corpse to the extent Hawks fans booed Bill Wirtz’s. I don’t think it will be as bad, partially because it won’t be pitch black outside, giving fans cover. I don’t think one should boo a dead person, but booze plays a role.

Edited by South Side Hit Men