Sox hire Ethan Katz per WSD

soxfan49

2 hours ago, hi8is said:

I do not understand Strongsad. What is this?

Ok, then you don't get the poopsmith jokes either.  Look up Homestar Runner. 

You remember the old poster known as The Cheat? That guy was a Homestar Runner character. 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMkbjxvwur30YrFWw8kpSaw

Edited by Jack Parkman

If TL is going to be with us... I don't want his input into player acquisition.  Make out the lineup card and handle in-game situations.  I don't want him dealing with player acquisitions that will be affecting us long after he has left town.  A coach or two of his choosing is fine with me but that's about it.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, wsd said:

This made me laugh when I saw it last night. What didn't make me laugh was reading that south side sox article earlier in the thread. Whoever wrote that has no idea wtf he's talking about and is a total dickhead

Had to reread the article to see what you were talking about. I'm indifferent when it comes to barstool, but that line was completely unnecessary for the article and reeked of jealousy. Why even waste a sentence in your article to complain about who the White Sox reported the story to? I expect unecessary complaining like that out of Julie DiCaro. In fact, she will probably steal that idea and then find a reason to call southsidesox sexist as well. 

Also, Barstool has a female CEO and plenty of female employees. The sexist claims just make me laugh. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, gusguyman said:

If you didn't hate WSD before, his failure to use a "Katz out of the bag" joke here should finally convince you. Absolute incompetence. 

31 minutes ago, wsd said:

This made me laugh when I saw it last night. What didn't make me laugh was reading that south side sox article earlier in the thread. Whoever wrote that has no idea wtf he's talking about and is a total dickhead

explain yourself coward

8 minutes ago, gusguyman said:

explain yourself coward

The SSS article linked earlier in the thread said:

"It’s hard to ignore one White Sox source’s penchant for rewarding a racist and sexist media outlet, so let’s just say that multiple sources are revealing that Ethan Katz, assistant pitching coach for the San Francisco Giants, will take over for Don Cooper as pitching coach in Chicago."

I'm assuming the author was taking a shot at Barstool with the comments. Not sure what hating on barstool has to do with Dave. Unless the author doesn't like him as well. 

47 minutes ago, Mr. Showtime said:

"It’s hard to ignore one White Sox source’s penchant for rewarding a racist and sexist media outlet, so let’s just say that multiple sources are revealing that Ethan Katz, assistant pitching coach for the San Francisco Giants, will take over for Don Cooper as pitching coach in Chicago."

I'm assuming the author was taking a shot at Barstool with the comments. Not sure what hating on barstool has to do with Dave. Unless the author doesn't like him as well. 

This is completely unnecessary 

Wonder who made that decision? Had to be Hahn, right? He must have been in touch with Giolitto's coach even to the point of okaying Giolitto going back to the guy and working on his delivery, right? I think that hiring this guy is a bold decision considering how many other pitching coaches there are in the world with more experience that this Katz has. It also may be making it clear how much of a team leader that Giolitto is on this and his influence with Hahn.

3 minutes ago, The Hawk said:

Wonder who made that decision? Had to be Hahn, right? He must have been in touch with Giolitto's coach even to the point of okaying Giolitto going back to the guy and working on his delivery, right? I think that hiring this guy is a bold decision considering how many other pitching coaches there are in the world with more experience that this Katz has. It also may be making it clear how much of a team leader that Giolitto is on this and his influence with Hahn.

At first I just thought it was a typo....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Showtime said:

Honestly wouldn't care if he didn't like me. Plenty of people on the internet who don't and I'm an idiot who gives people reason to feel that way by my rhetoric online sometimes. I def think it's unfair unless you've met me in person, but it is what it is. That said the whole tired act of "barstool is racist and sexist" is so goddamn stupid. Ask the many people of color or our CEO, CMO and CFO if they think barstool is racist or sexist. Then on the flip side, google some of the horror stories of shit that has gone on ESPN. Nobody says a peep about them being racist or homophobic

It just annoys me to no end. Fuck off 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, The Hawk said:

He’s not that inexperienced, he’s been a minor league pitching coach for years now, and teams have been going after coaches out of majors for a few years. Especially college where they have led mlb in player development 

5 minutes ago, wsd said:

Honestly wouldn't care if he didn't like me. Plenty of people on the internet who don't and I'm an idiot who gives people reason to feel that way by my rhetoric online sometimes. I def think it's unfair unless you've met me in person, but it is what it is. That said the whole tired act of "barstool is racist and sexist" is so goddamn stupid. Ask the many people of color or our CEO, CMO and CFO if they think barstool is racist or sexist. Then on the flip side, google some of the horror stories of shit that has gone on ESPN. Nobody says a peep about them being racist or homophobic

It just annoys me to no end. Fuck off 

I stand with Julie Dicaro!!!!  :)

On 11/12/2020 at 1:13 PM, SoxAce said:

Good hire. I liked him the second most after Chris Fetter (who went to the Tigers with Hinch). Lets hope he can help mold some of these young guys (looking at you Cease and Lopez).

Would have preferred Fetter, but this is still an exciting, promising choice...I think everyone has to calm down about TLR already, but even more if his staff fills out nicely

This is a good start

Willie Harris is a guy I still would like on the staff, but Oquendo would be a great add too

22 hours ago, bmags said:

He’s not that inexperienced, he’s been a minor league pitching coach for years now, and teams have been going after coaches out of majors for a few years. Especially college where they have led mlb in player development 

Do we know if Giolitto went to him for coaching while the guy was being paid by another organization? This just seems strange to me. When the story was originally reported, it was basically that Giolitto went back to his high school pitching coach to help work on his delivery and he changed his delivery pretty drastically and it worked. I and others didn't know that the guy Katz that he went to for help was a professional pitching coach with another organization. That's pretty strange to me.