ScooterMcGee

Jose Abreu wins 2020 AL MVP and Hank Aaron Award

2 minutes ago, flavum said:

JOSE MVP...yeeeessssss.

TA7...7th place

Keuchel got one 10th place vote lol

Just now, chw42 said:

Keuchel got one 10th place vote lol

He also came in 5th in the Cy Young voting. 

No surprise that he wins it...but none of us would have dared to dream it back in February.  Congrats Jose...well deserved!

so well deserved. Honestly I didn't think he still had those types of numbers left in him...let's squeeze another year or two out like this!

11 minutes ago, SleepyWhiteSox said:

😪😫Not even gonna lie this got me a little teary-eyed

Me too. After he won it and I saw him with his head down on the desk or table I had tears in my eyes. There was a delay with the video so he didn’t know right away that he won. Couldn’t be happier for Jose! 😃

• Haha 1

MVP...check 

5-6 more years of good production and hopefully adding some postseason success, Abreu could have a compelling Hall of Fame case when it’s all said and done. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

I'm happy for Jose. I don't think he is able to keep the necessary production up to win MVP in a full season, but I sure hope he does next year. 

Uhhh, ok?

His reaction also made me a little teary eyed. Just thinking about all he sacrificed and what hard work it took for him to get this point. Well done Pito!  Couldn’t have happened to a nicer guy. Well he at least seems like a genuinely nice person. 

24 minutes ago, flavum said:

MVP...check 

5-6 more years of good production and hopefully adding some postseason success, Abreu could have a compelling Hall of Fame case when it’s all said and done. 

he's definitely a hof'er. just depends on what ballot imo. coming from Cuba, these guys have to battle through so much more adversity to get to the major leagues than your typical american kid who probably had a more stable support framework around him.  a lot of people don't realize how hard it is for someone in Cuba to even sniff the major leagues,  let alone find success, let alone become MV damn P

top 5 sox player of all time? (Thomas and Sale obviously, I would put Abreu in there)