2. Moncada, 3B#
  3. Springer, RF
  4. Abreu, 1B
  5. Jimenez, LF
  6. Grandal, C#
  7. Robert, CF
  8. Vaughn, DH
  9. Madrigal, 2B

Is it crazy that this makes me want to explore trading Vaughn ++ for a cost controlled starter and DH Eloy (w/ practice reps as future 1B)? 

1 hour ago, Orlando said:

It kind of is similar to the way that Hahn operated in last year's off season, right? They went after a guy in Grandal who nobody would have expected them to go after given the fact that they had McCann under contract. But they focused on Grandal and spent the lion's share of their money on him and then focused on what their more obvious needs were, namely pitching and right field. This looks like the same kind of thing to me. Their obvious needs are starting pitching but they appear to be going after a legit star outfielder in right field. If they succeed then their line-up is the greatest in all of baseball and they can lessen the quality and cost of the starting pitchers they go after. IF they lose out on Springer, then they can alter their priorities accordingly and seek better pitching options at a higher cost. Its an interesting strategy to me.

3 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Could be all three no doubt, but the Portillo’s account was tweeting stuff silently for months before anyone noticed.  Their first post is leaking the Bummer deal back in February, three months after the Not Steve Cishek account was created and when that account still had credibility.  It’s clear as day to me that Cheesy Beef account was created in some desperate attempt to validate the Not Steve Cishek account.  Those two are definitely one and the same.  I think the Portillo’s account is someone else, but likely someone in the same inner circle.  It’s very clear there is a small group of people who have access to some inside info, whether it‘s coming from a shared source or it’s being shared to them second hand from a more reliable insider like Y2Jimmy.  Most of the stuff Not Steve Cishek broke are things that James had at roughly the same time and his big trade deadline deal that was supposed to be happening with the Brewers seems to overlap with bad info that WSD also had.  

To me, these accounts all fall in one of three buckets:  1) They’re completely fake.  2) They’re legit insiders using burner accounts to avoid outing their sources.  3). They have access to inside info but it comes from a friend so they can’t leak it on their personal account.  IMO, Not Steve Cishek likely falls into bucket three as we have seen him get some things right.  Portillo’s is still up in the air, but I could see him being in that second bucket.  Again, just strange they posted for months and continued to do so without anyone noticing.

I find it particularly interesting that the Portillo's account was unnoticed for months...and now that people noticed it, suddenly it is "give me credit must credit Portillo's". 

Anyway, I'm going to break the Springer stuff out into its own thread.

5 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I find it particularly interesting that the Portillo's account was unnoticed for months...and now that people noticed it, suddenly it is "give me credit must credit Portillo's". 

It always breaks my brain for a minute when I come back to ST and see a new thread with multiple pages and I assume news is breaking quickly, before I realize it's just a re-org thread

49 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I also find that is pretty interesting.

4 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

When the Sox convert on a top guy, Belle, Abreu, Grandal, its usually very early. So I think, like LaRussa, this stuff is legit.  Although for all its greatness, the hamburgers at Portillos are pretty meh.

Bite your tongue you piece of crap!