George Springer Thread

Squirmin' for Yermin

28 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Are you serious?  If so, that’s pathetic as hell.

I mean, that's long been the rumor out there. And the more I think about it, the more it makes sense and I believe it. Dude just steals content left and right from other people and posts it as his own. Jabroni.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

I mean, that's long been the rumor out there. And the more I think about it, the more it makes sense and I believe it. Dude just steals content left and right from other people and posts it as his own. Jabroni.

He's a poster here too. Forgot what he goes by.

1 hour ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Don’t think throwing out unfounded accusations is the best idea 

I'm not saying all were gained that way. Dude gets a lot of interaction out there and is popular, so it's easy in that regard to see why it keeps growing. To me, there are interesting points in the data over the last couple years that jump out (compared to other popular Sox accts of the same ilk), so I'll leave it at that. If I'm wrong, it wouldn't be the first time and I apologize. Back to Springer discussion (or lack thereof) for me.

• Fire 2

7 hours ago, Sleepy Harold said:

I'm like 90% sure chisoxmike is some kind of autistic or learning disabled kid who loves the white sox.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

Round table discussion on Springer. No mention of the White Sox. These guys seem to think Boston and Toronto are the most likely landing spots.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mlb.com/amp/news/george-springer-where-will-he-sign.html

Good, I like that they are left off. Lowers expectations. Quite frankly, if we miss out on him I wouldn’t be disappointed at all. 

Edited by maloney.adam

You guys, and many others, are so mean to chisoxfanmike. He seems like a decent kid. He definitely has a bit on Twitter and isn’t exactly my cup of tea, but the hate he gets directed towards him isn’t really fair. At least from my vantage point. Let him be. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

You guys, and many others, are so mean to chisoxfanmike. He seems like a decent kid. He definitely has a bit on Twitter and isn’t exactly my cup of tea, but the hate he gets directed towards him isn’t really fair. At least from my vantage point. Let him be. 

I just asked how he got 16k followers.  I’m not a big social media guy, but that seems like a ton of followers for a random White Sox fan.

• Fire 1

Honestly his twitter personality is less annoying than his board run. He was game thread cringe.

His twitter stuff is just trying to be a worldwidewob for the white sox, it's aggregation. That stuff gets followers, not shocked he's built it up. Good for him, etc.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I just asked how he got 16k followers.  I’m not a big social media guy, but that seems like a ton of followers for a random White Sox fan.

I think he's referring to Ray saying the following "I'm like 90% sure chisoxmike is some kind of autistic or learning disabled kid who loves the white sox."

Don't think he's referring to you.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, SoxBlanco said:

Round table discussion on Springer. No mention of the White Sox. These guys seem to think Boston and Toronto are the most likely landing spots.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mlb.com/amp/news/george-springer-where-will-he-sign.html

These guys don't know that the white sox exist.  Of course some moron from Boston thinks that the Red Sox are the most wonderful destination for all people.   The below drivel sounds like it came from one of their fan sites.  Cora can coach him up on how to deal with the sign stealing.  Wasnt that the problem in the first place there.  

McTaggart: My one contention with Springer going to the Red Sox and being reunited with Cora is that it swings wide open the sign-stealing scandal questions he could largely escape by signing elsewhere.

Browne: Good point on the sign-stealing stuff, but I think Cora can coach him up on that. Cora hit a home run at his press conference. I think that stuff will go away after a bit. Springer also seems very mentally tough. He might even thrive on getting booed in away parks.

Footer: In most cases, the “playing close to home” factor is a little overblown, but I think Springer may be the exception. He’s from the area and has said he likes Fenway. Family is a big thing for him. From what you know about him, you think the "home" element could carry some weight?

Edited by southsideirish71

2 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Not necessarily here but on Twitter I find it hilarious that grown men get so pressed by this guy. There are literally grown men that tweet about him non stop. Kind of crazy that a random kid tweeting makes people so obsessed with hating him lol

Edited by Orlando
  • Like 1