George Springer Thread

Squirmin' for Yermin

1 hour ago, Soxnfins said:

I think he's referring to Ray saying the following "I'm like 90% sure chisoxmike is some kind of autistic or learning disabled kid who loves the white sox."

Don't think he's referring to you.

What? I wasnt making fun of the kid at all. I was actually saying people should stop being a dick head to him as I think he suffers from a disability. Seems like a nice enough kid.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Soxnfins said:

I think he's referring to Ray saying the following "I'm like 90% sure chisoxmike is some kind of autistic or learning disabled kid who loves the white sox."

Don't think he's referring to you.

Correct.   I see Ray has since said he was serious (though I didn't originally read it that way), but in any event, still sort of uncalled for.  I know I wouldn't want people calling me disabled on the internet.      

But I also occasionally see other people just absolutely rail on him on twitter.  Again, I don't follow that closely so maybe some of it is warranted (stealing other peoples tweet ideas and what not). But it gets very personal.  Seems like some guys are just jealous of his following, and like Orlando said, its insane the number of grown ass men that are obsessed with trying to "body bag" him. As I said earlier, just let him be.  

Peavy on the other hand absolutely spammed and ruined this board.  A little different.  

Edited by ChiSox59
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Correct.   I see Ray has since said he was serious (though I didn't originally read it that way), but in any event, still sort of uncalled for.  I know I wouldn't want people calling me disabled on the internet.      

But I also occasionally see other people just absolutely rail on him on twitter.  Again, I don't follow that closely so maybe some of it is warranted (stealing other peoples tweet ideas and what not). But it gets very personal.  Seems like some guys are just jealous of his following, and like Orlando said, its insane the number of grown ass men that are obsessed with trying to "body bag" him. As I said earlier, just let him be.  

Peavy on the other hand absolutely spammed and ruined this board.  A little different.  

Huh? The guy i tweeted was being critical of the guy and attacking him. I was literally defending the guy.

I pointed out that I think he was reading things about Mike wrong and that Mike is just a passionate kid who I think suffers from a disorder/disability or whatever you want to call it. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

What? I wasnt making fun of the kid at all. I was actually saying people should stop being a dick head to him as I think he suffers from a disability. Seems like a nice enough kid.

Honestly wasn't trying to pose offense to anyone, was just providing clarity on what someone was referring to.

Edited by Soxnfins

5 minutes ago, Soxnfins said:

Honestly wasn't trying to pose offense to anyone, was just providing clarity on what someone was referring to.

I was responding to ChiSox, no worries; I'm not sure why he took my comment as a shot at the kid. Either way, let's sign Springer and everyone take it easy on Mike. Plenty of non-White Sox fans out there we can shred for fun.

• Like 1

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I was responding to ChiSox, no worries; I'm not sure why he took my comment as a shot at the kid. Either way, let's sign Springer and everyone take it easy on Mike. Plenty of non-White Sox fans out there we can shred for fun.

Amen!

2 hours ago, southsideirish71 said:

These guys don't know that the white sox exist.  Of course some moron from Boston thinks that the Red Sox are the most wonderful destination for all people.   The below drivel sounds like it came from one of their fan sites.  Cora can coach him up on how to deal with the sign stealing.  Wasnt that the problem in the first place there.  

McTaggart: My one contention with Springer going to the Red Sox and being reunited with Cora is that it swings wide open the sign-stealing scandal questions he could largely escape by signing elsewhere.

Browne: Good point on the sign-stealing stuff, but I think Cora can coach him up on that. Cora hit a home run at his press conference. I think that stuff will go away after a bit. Springer also seems very mentally tough. He might even thrive on getting booed in away parks.

Footer: In most cases, the “playing close to home” factor is a little overblown, but I think Springer may be the exception. He’s from the area and has said he likes Fenway. Family is a big thing for him. From what you know about him, you think the "home" element could carry some weight?

I am not convinced Boston, even w Springer, is a playoff team. The White Sox are.  Bpstpn would have to add pitching as well and Bauer is a rumor but those are 2 big contracts.  I also don't think the Cora factor is a major  factor. It could sway Springer either way based on their history.  I do think Boston wants a box office draw to replace Betts so they may open the checkbook for Springer. That to me may be the decisive factor.   Will they spend or continue w the salary reduction they went after last year. 

2 hours ago, supernuke said:

I miss Peavy, he was entertaining. It's a shame he was driven away from the board.

Dude was a legend. His presence on this forum was similar to what Trump's 4 years were in the pantheon of Presidencies.

Edited by RagahRagah
  • Haha 1

On 11/20/2020 at 11:59 AM, SCCWS said:

I am not convinced Boston, even w Springer, is a playoff team. The White Sox are.  Bpstpn would have to add pitching as well and Bauer is a rumor but those are 2 big contracts.  I also don't think the Cora factor is a major  factor. It could sway Springer either way based on their history.  I do think Boston wants a box office draw to replace Betts so they may open the checkbook for Springer. That to me may be the decisive factor.   Will they spend or continue w the salary reduction they went after last year. 

With Springer the Sox are a deep playoff team.

With Springer and Bauer they get into the World Series conversation.

• Like 1

On 11/20/2020 at 10:05 AM, supernuke said:

I miss Peavy, he was entertaining. It's a shame he was driven away from the board.

Dude, that Machado shit was untenable.  We tried to work with that kid but it was impossible

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

This would be great news and news that would also bum me out. I'd be thrilled to get Springer and also bummed because then Bauer is definitely out and I consider Bauer a lot more important than Springer. If Springer adds $25M a year to the payroll how do we fill the starting pitching holes ? Is the payroll going up $25M this year ?

Springer  estimate +$25M

1 or 2 starting pitcher estimate + $10M to $25M

Bullpen estimate  +8 M

EE, GG , Mazara Rodon gone  -$25M

Equals +$18M to $33M increase in payroll.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

This would be great news and news that would also bum me out. I'd be thrilled to get Springer and also bummed because then Bauer is definitely out and I consider Bauer a lot more important than Springer. If Springer adds $25M a year to the payroll how do we fill the starting pitching holes ? Is the payroll going up $25M this year ?

Springer  estimate +$25M

Bullpen estimate  +8 M

Colome was about $11 mill too.

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Springer  estimate +$25M

Bullpen estimate  +8 M

If they add Springer, they have enough money to add some pitching.  It won’t be Bauer unfortunately, but the reality is Reinsdorf probably won’t let them add Bauer anyways.  At least that’s the way I’m operating which is why Springer becomes the next best thing on my list.

Couple Springer with that Portillos potential Gray trade of Madrigal, Johnson, and Heuer from the off-season targets thread, sign me upppp. 

I like Madrigal and I'm in no hurry to ship him out, but for this move hell yes. As others have said, there are other 2Bs out (a host were mentioned in the Madrigal for Darvish trades). 

18 minutes ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

Couple Springer with that Portillos potential Gray trade of Madrigal, Johnson, and Heuer from the off-season targets thread, sign me upppp. 

I like Madrigal and I'm in no hurry to ship him out, but for this move hell yes. As others have said, there are other 2Bs out (a host were mentioned in the Madrigal for Darvish trades). 

I'd be down for this. Kolten Wong would be a solid replacement for Madrigal at 2B.

21 minutes ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

I don’t get why the Reds would want Madrigal. They have Suarez at 3rd and Moustakas at 2nd. They desperately need a SS.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

I don’t get why the Reds would want Madrigal. They have Suarez at 3rd and Moustakas at 2nd. They desperately need a SS.

Probably doubtful, but perhaps they think Nick can handle SS?  Personally, I think a package built around Cease & Heuer (plus a decent 3rd piece) would be of more interest to them.  It would very much be a Rays like trade, moving an asset at peak value for multiple pieces that can help you wi now and one in particular (Cease) that’s a bit undervalued.  Obviously depends on how the Reds view Cease, but given their progressive views on pitching, I could then chomping at the bit to get an arm as talented as Cease who they may feel was poorly handled by Don Cooper and a few mechanical tweaks from breaking through.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Probably doubtful, but perhaps they think Nick can handle SS?  Personally, I think a package built around Cease & Heuer (plus a decent 3rd piece) would be of more interest to them.  It would very much be a Rays like trade, moving an asset at peak value for multiple pieces that can help you wi now and one in particular (Cease) that’s a bit undervalued.  Obviously depends on how the Reds view Cease, but given their progressive views on pitching, I could then chomping at the bit to get an arm as talented as Cease who they may feel was poorly handled by Don Cooper and a few mechanical tweaks from breaking through.

Cease with Derek Johnson and Boddy could be interesting.