George Springer Thread

Squirmin' for Yermin

26 minutes ago, tdsox17 said:

SmartSelect_20201125-194457_Twitter.jpg

Just to be clear, this originated from the following tweet and is almost certainly 100% bullshit.  It’s truly sad there are people out there willing to waste their limited time on this planet pretending to be an insider via a fake burner account.  It’s beyond fucking pathetic and whoever you are should be embarrassed.

24 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Just to be clear, this originated from the following tweet and is almost certainly 100% bullshit.  It’s truly sad there are people out there willing to waste their limited time on this planet pretending to be an insider via a fake burner account.  It’s beyond fucking pathetic and whoever you are should be embarrassed.

What’s really pathetic is the actual “insiders”.   Seriously eff those guys.  Scooping sports news 5 minutes before it happens?  What a waste of being a grown man in the world.  

I kinda like these fake guys:  at least they’re making a mockery of something that totally deserves it.  Sports scooping deserves no respect, no career and especially no monetary compensation or attention.  I’m rooting for these underdogs to muck it all up.  Troll away fellas!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

What’s really pathetic is the actual “insiders”.   Seriously eff those guys.  Scooping sports news 5 minutes before it happens?  What a waste of being a grown man in the world.  

I kinda like these fake guys:  at least they’re making a mockery of something that totally deserves it.  Sports scooping deserves no respect, no career and especially no monetary compensation or attention.  I’m rooting for these underdogs to muck it all up.  Troll away fellas!

Agreed 100% 

9 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

They're in the business of professional gossip and I don't disagree. 

52 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

1) All of these guys are columnists first, tv/radio "scoops" guys second or third or so on

2) Sports media drives fan interest in the team and league and these guys are a huge part of that

3) A lot of the money that comes into the game comes in through the media channels, which use guys like these to make sports stories which sell ad space, and then that money goes into media contracts paid to the league and the teams

There should be more Ken Rosenthals and like 0 of these accounts getting posted all over SoxTalk.  WSD is a dork and a clown and all the rest are the same.  They're like little dingle berries on the sports medias ass crack and can never be like a Ken Rosenthal.  It's one thing to have a schtick on a radio or tv show to bring in viewers to drive ad sales but to try to hoard personal followers on twitter or keep some shitty assrag of a sports publication afloat?  Yeah go fuck off you puds, IMO.

2 hours ago, YourWhatHurts said:

1) All of these guys are columnists first, tv/radio "scoops" guys second or third or so on

2) Sports media drives fan interest in the team and league and these guys are a huge part of that

3) A lot of the money that comes into the game comes in through the media channels, which use guys like these to make sports stories which sell ad space, and then that money goes into media contracts paid to the league and the teams

There should be more Ken Rosenthals and like 0 of these accounts getting posted all over SoxTalk.  WSD is a dork and a clown and all the rest are the same.  They're like little dingle berries on the sports medias ass crack and can never be like a Ken Rosenthal.  It's one thing to have a schtick on a radio or tv show to bring in viewers to drive ad sales but to try to hoard personal followers on twitter or keep some shitty assrag of a sports publication afloat?  Yeah go fuck off you puds, IMO.

But there should be no scooping.  That’s insane.  None of it matters until 5 minutes later when the team announces it.  The worst part is when Ken Rosenthal or MLBtraderumors gives “credit” to somebody for  scooping the report.  “First reported by joeblow”.   Who gives a crap.  This isn’t citing an academic journal.  It’s useless sports.  

Like you can almost picture this person being proud of first reporting it.  What hubris.  Just let the teams announce a trade to the press 

• Like 1