George Springer Thread

Squirmin' for Yermin

21 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

You're the one who said "why do you even care" so that's why I called YOU out. These guys are just posting exactly what they read here. Don't you see that? Or no?

Wow we really need a FA signing, a trade or something so we can talk about something else. Bro, I see that and I get your point. Now can we please move on already! For goodness sakes! 

Edited by maloney.adam

23 minutes ago, fathom said:

What’s hilarious to me is the twitter accounts in question get analyzed for days, yet Harold will post something on here and it barely gets a response.  Maybe he should change his name to Harold’s Chicken, and more people would pay attention.

No disrespect to Harold but does he even have a track record as strong as Portillos? Portillos has a few moves under his belt with extreme specificity. We constantly believe all these board members with sources but look down on others who post burner accounts? WSD had the same info as not Cishek at the deadline and both were wrong yet we go crazy when he tweets. Rabbit or Macsaendz or whatever their names are haven’t gotten anything in forever but if they pop up with some vague crap we go nuts. I don’t get it. We either ban all burners and insiders or we allow the posts until they are proven wrong. IMO

• Like 1

Just now, Orlando said:

No disrespect to Harold but does he even have a track record as strong as Portillos? Portillos has a few moves under his belt with extreme specificity. We constantly believe all these board members with sources but look down on others who post burner accounts? WSD had the same info as not Cishek at the deadline and both were wrong yet we go crazy when he tweets. Rabbit or Macsaendz or whatever their names are haven’t gotten anything in forever but if they pop up with some vague crap we go nuts. I don’t get it. We either ban all burners and insiders or we allow the posts until they are proven wrong. IMO

Yes Harold has been correct on dozens of things that prove he has sources in the organization. Like I’ve said numerous times, only him and Big Daddy James Fox have earned title of insider IMO.

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Yes Harold has been correct on dozens of things that prove he has sources in the organization. Like I’ve said numerous times, only him and Big Daddy James Fox have earned title of insider IMO.

Ok then my list of guys who have sources is probably :

James Fox

Harold 

Portillos (I think he have had a source at one point but is now spitballing)

2 hours ago, Orlando said:

Why don’t we just make a thread for “rumors for unverified sources” and then those of you who always complain about it and  take this forum extremely seriously can just avoid reading it?

Or, and maybe this is crazy, people can use their better judgment to decide how much validity they want to assign to a particular rumor or twitter personally...

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Or, and maybe this is crazy, people can use their better judgment to decide how much validity they want to assign to a particular rumor or twitter personally...

Nonsense! How do we know the guy with the day old twitter account isn't telling the truth?!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

One thing to consider is that Springer may have told teams that he only wants to play CF. Something like this could make the Blue Jays more attractive than the Sox. 

The dude is 31. I doubt he is demanding to play CF. Even if he is, the highest bidder wins out 95% of the time. We bid more than other teams, we get Springer.

Edited by Yearnin' for Yermin

4 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

The dude is 31. I doubt he is demanding to play CF. Even if he is, the highest bidder wins out 95% of the time. We bid more than other teams, we get Springer.

Good point, he probably thinks he's too old and can't handle it anymore.

Did you get a Zack Wheeler White Sox jersey yet?

• Fire 1

12 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Good point, he probably thinks he's too old and can't handle it anymore.

Did you get a Zack Wheeler White Sox jersey yet?

Zack Wheeler falls into that 5% that doesn't go for the most money. Had the Sox been bonafide contenders like they are now, I bet Wheeler would sign with us. 

I'll be getting my George Springer jersey. It will hang right next to my autographed HoT "Dayan Viciedo" FiRe jersey. 

8 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Zack Wheeler falls into that 5% that doesn't go for the most money. Had the Sox been bonafide contenders like they are now, I bet Wheeler would sign with us. 

I'll be getting my George Springer jersey. It will hang right next to my autographed HoT "Dayan Viciedo" FiRe jersey. 

And it was more geographic location than actual baseball related.

4 hours ago, Orlando said:

can’t believe we missed this. Article says he’s considering the Blue Jays, Mets and Res Sox. Makes no mention of our team.

Time to move on. The guy obviously wants to play closer to home. Also, it would be taking up a spot eventually if Colas or Cespedes signs so I would prefer someone else as a short term solution. 

Edited by maloney.adam