George Springer Thread

Squirmin' for Yermin

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

This is a really good fucking point, and I suggest that there's a catch all thread to discuss bullshit rumors about top of the market free agents being involved with the White Sox until Jerry either signs one, or is no longer the chairman of the White Sox. 

It's been 24 years since Jerry signed a top of the market free agent. 

Perhaps a second thread with all the ridiculous fast food twitter account posts, and one more for people to debate which soxtalk ID owns which fast food twitter account(s).

13 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

This team might win the fucking American League without additions and I feel like everyone is mad. It’s absolutely absurd.

Maybe if ownership wouldn't continually insult the intelligence of the fanbase, and be transparent then nobody would be mad. 

The Sox offseason rumor mill is like the Daily Star and the info plants are like the Paparazzi. 

I seriously think that ownership as an insane amount of contempt for their fanbase. 

We're all idiots staying in an abusive relationship. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Maybe if ownership wouldn't continually insult the intelligence of the fanbase, and be transparent then nobody would be mad. 

The Sox offseason rumor mill is like the Daily Star and the info plants are like the Paparazzi. 

Yeah because when they were transparent about Manny, that did them a lot of good.  Why do they owe fans any transparency about their possible moves?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, fathom said:

Yeah because when they were transparent about Manny, that did them a lot of good.  Why do they owe fans any transparency about their possible moves?

They were absolutely not transparent about Machado. They never made him a serious offer. It was more Daily Star bullshit. any number that didn't begin with a 3 and have 8 zeros attached was a non-serious offer. 

They made a high enough offer that they knew would finish in 2nd place, just like with A-Rod so they could say "we tried" 

This is another example of insulting the fanbase's intelligence and the utter contempt they feel for the fanbase. In fact, it's probably the best recent example of it. 

C'mon, fathom, you know better. 

Ownership with offseason rumors is the equivalent of an internet troll. They're fucking with us to prove that they can. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Lol the Sox aren’t even close to being on the same level as the Yankees or Rays as things stand right now.

15 minutes ago, Orlando said:

I don’t think that happens, James. They need to make some pitching additions.

Do you guys think the Sox should be ALC favorites? 

22 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

This team might win the fucking American League without additions and I feel like everyone is mad. It’s absolutely absurd.

True, they might win it, but Cleveland might win it too. Our odds of winning the AL are probably less than 20 percent right now. As it stands we are behind the Rays and Yankees for sure. But if the goal is championships, you also have to include the Dodgers, Padres,and Braves. In which case, those teams are more equipped to beat us as it stands now. 

10 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I seriously think that ownership as an insane amount of contempt for their fanbase. 

We're all idiots staying in an abusive relationship. 

I don't feel abused. My eyes are wide open to what this franchise is. However, they are my favorite team in the world so for better or worse I will continue being fine that they are now in a position of competing and whatever that brings. I reserve the right to continue to hope ,be positive,  to gripe and be negative. I don't feel like an idiot at all.

6 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

Absolutely. 

4 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

True, they might win it, but Cleveland might win it too. Our odds of winning the AL are probably less than 20 percent right now. As it stands we are behind the Rays and Yankees for sure. But if the goal is championships, you also have to include the Dodgers, Padres,and Braves. In which case, those teams are more equipped to beat us as it stands now. 

Here’s the thing: if we all agree that they are ALC favorites, then we also must agree that they can win the AL. The playoffs are an absolute crapshoot. If they get into the tournament, they can win it all. 

8 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I don't feel abused. My eyes are wide open to what this franchise is. However, they are my favorite team in the world so for better or worse I will continue being fine that they are now in a position of competing and whatever that brings. I reserve the right to continue to hope ,be positive,  to gripe and be negative. I don't feel like an idiot at all.

I feel for guys like CWS and KrankinSox that actually believe the rumors that the Sox are going to spend at the top of the market each and every winter. 

My approach is to treat all of it as bullshit until either the ink is dry or they sign elsewhere. 

Remember what David Samson said about the carrot? That's what they do to the fanbase each and every winter. Some people should wise up and quit chasing the carrot every time Jerry puts it on the table. Eventually, fans should realize they're not getting the carrot. they might get some crumbs from the carrot, but they're not getting the whole thing. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Do you guys think the Sox should be ALC favorites? 

I think it depends on what the Twins do. I would love for them to get better instead of relying on their rival to get worse. Can’t discount the potential losses of McCann and Colome. 

Edited by Orlando

4 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Well said. 

1 minute ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Here’s the thing: if we all agree that they are ALC favorites, then we also must agree that they can win the AL. The playoffs are an absolute crapshoot. If they get into the tournament, they can win it all. 

Not really. They're not on the same planet as the Yankees and Rays. 

1 hour ago, KrankinSox said:

Every reason to be upset? Lol get a grip. This team is loaded with talent and payroll flexibility. Let's see it play out.

I see you 100% missed the point. 

Like I said... you'd think some of you became a fan yesterday and know nothing about JR and this organization.

Prepare to be disappointed again. The amount of willful ignorance and naivety around here is sad. Some people just don't pay attention.

Edited by RagahRagah
  • Like 1

I feel for guys like CWS and KrankinSox that actually believe the rumors that the Sox are going to spend at the top of the market each and every winter. 

My approach is to treat all of it as bullshit until either the ink is dry or they sign elsewhere. 

This is a white sox fan message board. The white sox are a young team with hopefully bright years ahead. If we can't come here and discuss the possibility of signing big free agents, then what's the point of being a fan/posting here.

I understand the history of the team as well as anyone. I never said they are going to spend at the top of the market. But I'm also not ruling it out and I'm certainly willing to have fun discussing it with other sox fans. 

Save your pity for me, please. I'm a big boy.

• Fire 1

11 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

You're only an idiot and an abuse victim if you fall for the bullshit they put out there every winter and July. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, KrankinSox said:

This is a white sox fan message board. The white sox are a young team with hopefully bright years ahead. If we can't come here and discuss the possibility of signing big free agents, then what's the point of being a fan/posting here.

I understand the history of the team as well as anyone. I never said they are going to spend at the top of the market. But I'm also not ruling it out and I'm certainly willing to have fun discussing it with other sox fans. 

Save your pity for me, please. I'm a big boy.

Not ruling out spending at the top of the market is your mistake dude. You just come across as incredibly naive. I know you've been posting here for a while but how in the hell can you do this to yourself every winter and July? 

• Thanks 1

You're only an idiot and an abuse victim if you fall for the bullshit they put out there every winter and July. 

Jack, you constantly told us there would be no baseball in 2020. In fact, you said baseball was done until 2023. Forgive me if I dont share your negative outlook on the world.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 3

My general approach is its early and the smart teams are snatching up starters and the Sox would be wise to get in on the early action for 1 SP asap.Outside of that my wish is for Bauer and we all know that is a long shot. Springer doesn't matter to me since pitching should be 1st and foremost and I think most would agree.

I expect at least one significant trade involving some prospects.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

Jack, you constantly told us there would be no baseball in 2020. In fact, you said baseball was done until 2023. Forgive me if I dont share your negative outlook on the world.

I'm an idiot and naive for actually believing that the local and national governments would put public health over the ability for insanely wealthy people to make money. Shame on me. 

We shouldn't be playing sports right now. Sports are a reward for a functioning society. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 2