George Springer Thread

Squirmin' for Yermin

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Nah its just called hope and I think the majority of people you think are falling for it don't really care enough to be devastated, (temporarily upset, yes) when things go sour. It's not life or death , we aren't getting fooled here but we all can't be grouches.

I can hope that my shit will turn into gold one of these days but it will always be for naught. The naivety helps no one.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Springer is a luxury with this lineup.  If you want to preemptively cry about something at this bright moment in the team’s history, at least move it to the Bauer thread.

If the Sox cant get Bauer, a great bat can make up for some of the lack of potential pitching power. Bauer is absolutely priority 1 for me, but Springer would be fine in lieu. 

5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Machado may have worked out in hindsight, but it’s a bit too early to call Keuchel the “superior” pitcher.  That being said, I don’t blame the Sox for not going above 5/$125M.

How so. He was better in 2020, and he was better before 2020.

3 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

I can hope that my shit will turn into gold one of these days but it will always be for naught. The naivety helps no one.

Thank you. 

I feel like entertaining unrealistic signings brings down the quality of discussion on the board. It leads to stupid arguments like this one. To each their own, guys. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, maloney.adam said:

This thread is a dumpster fire right now. I think it’s time to close it.

We should close the thread why? Because not everyone chooses to stick their head in the sand?

This is one of our big potential signings. Obviously I don't think it is gonna happen but the smallest chance is at least enough for us to follow the process through to the end.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Moncada and Anderson weren’t anywhere near as established and highly thought of during the 18-19 offseason as they are now.

True but that's why you wait for a rebuild to start to come to fruition before devoting an inordinate proportion of payroll to a single player.

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Well that's just silly. It's physically impossible. What's the point of raining on everyone parade ?

It's not that. It's that I get annoyed by being attacked as someone who is overreacting and thinking "the sky is falling" because I'm being fucking realistic. If you want to have hope, that's fine. But I'm not going to be condescended to for being realistic and skeptical when I have every reason to.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RagahRagah said:

It's not that. It's that I get annoyed by being attacked as someone who is overreacting and thinking "the sky is falling" because I'm being fucking realistic. If you want to have hope, that's fine. But I'm not going to be condescended to for being realistic and skeptical when I have every reason to.

Preach brother.