Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Squirmin' for Yermin

George Springer Thread

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, smellysox said:

They may, but they have 4 outfielders. And all could start. Nimmo is in center. With Frazier at 3rd McNeil has moved to left.

McNeil will play 2nd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Springfield Soxfan said:

Wow, I’m hopeful because MLB put Sox first in graphic.  Today is day of Tori Hunter massacre so let’s get Springer.  

We were first because of city name order probably lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not Jay's potato chips or Susie's Beef, either.  Just hopped back on this board today with a little time to kill this weekend!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Social media has truly ruined this country.

You joke but there’s truth to that statement 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, tdsox17 said:

SmartSelect_20201125-194457_Twitter.jpg

Just to be clear, this originated from the following tweet and is almost certainly 100% bullshit.  It’s truly sad there are people out there willing to waste their limited time on this planet pretending to be an insider via a fake burner account.  It’s beyond fucking pathetic and whoever you are should be embarrassed.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NCsoxfan said:

You joke but there’s truth to that statement 

I’m honestly not joking, so much more bad comes from it than good.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Social media has truly ruined this country.

Social media is just like anything else. You get out of it what you put into it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Just to be clear, this originated from the following tweet and is almost certainly 100% bullshit.  It’s truly sad there are people out there willing to waste their limited time on this planet pretending to be an insider via a fake burner account.  It’s beyond fucking pathetic and whoever you are should be embarrassed.

 

What’s really pathetic is the actual “insiders”.   Seriously eff those guys.  Scooping sports news 5 minutes before it happens?  What a waste of being a grown man in the world.  
 

I kinda like these fake guys:  at least they’re making a mockery of something that totally deserves it.  Sports scooping deserves no respect, no career and especially no monetary compensation or attention.  I’m rooting for these underdogs to muck it all up.  Troll away fellas!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

What’s really pathetic is the actual “insiders”.   Seriously eff those guys.  Scooping sports news 5 minutes before it happens?  What a waste of being a grown man in the world.  
 

I kinda like these fake guys:  at least they’re making a mockery of something that totally deserves it.  Sports scooping deserves no respect, no career and especially no monetary compensation or attention.  I’m rooting for these underdogs to muck it all up.  Troll away fellas!

Agreed 100% 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

What’s really pathetic is the actual “insiders”.   Seriously eff those guys.  Scooping sports news 5 minutes before it happens?  What a waste of being a grown man in the world.  
 

I kinda like these fake guys:  at least they’re making a mockery of something that totally deserves it.  Sports scooping deserves no respect, no career and especially no monetary compensation or attention.  I’m rooting for these underdogs to muck it all up.  Troll away fellas!

They're in the business of professional gossip and I don't disagree. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

What’s really pathetic is the actual “insiders”.   Seriously eff those guys.  Scooping sports news 5 minutes before it happens?  What a waste of being a grown man in the world.  
 

I kinda like these fake guys:  at least they’re making a mockery of something that totally deserves it.  Sports scooping deserves no respect, no career and especially no monetary compensation or attention.  I’m rooting for these underdogs to muck it all up.  Troll away fellas!

1) All of these guys are columnists first, tv/radio "scoops" guys second or third or so on

2) Sports media drives fan interest in the team and league and these guys are a huge part of that

3) A lot of the money that comes into the game comes in through the media channels, which use guys like these to make sports stories which sell ad space, and then that money goes into media contracts paid to the league and the teams

There should be more Ken Rosenthals and like 0 of these accounts getting posted all over SoxTalk.  WSD is a dork and a clown and all the rest are the same.  They're like little dingle berries on the sports medias ass crack and can never be like a Ken Rosenthal.  It's one thing to have a schtick on a radio or tv show to bring in viewers to drive ad sales but to try to hoard personal followers on twitter or keep some shitty assrag of a sports publication afloat?  Yeah go fuck off you puds, IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

Social media is just like anything else. You get out of it what you put into it.

Not really. The primary thing anyone puts into it is time, and no one's getting it back.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Vulture said:

Not really. The primary thing anyone puts into it is time, and no one's getting it back.

If you follow a feed full of moron's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

Social media is just like anything else. You get out of it what you put into it.

Lol wut?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Social media is just like anything else. You get out of it what you put into it.

I think you've confused being on social media with working hard to accomplish goals. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Fire 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SonofaRoache said:

I think you've confused being on social media with working hard to accomplish goals. 

The good old American fable.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, YourWhatHurts said:

1) All of these guys are columnists first, tv/radio "scoops" guys second or third or so on

2) Sports media drives fan interest in the team and league and these guys are a huge part of that

3) A lot of the money that comes into the game comes in through the media channels, which use guys like these to make sports stories which sell ad space, and then that money goes into media contracts paid to the league and the teams

There should be more Ken Rosenthals and like 0 of these accounts getting posted all over SoxTalk.  WSD is a dork and a clown and all the rest are the same.  They're like little dingle berries on the sports medias ass crack and can never be like a Ken Rosenthal.  It's one thing to have a schtick on a radio or tv show to bring in viewers to drive ad sales but to try to hoard personal followers on twitter or keep some shitty assrag of a sports publication afloat?  Yeah go fuck off you puds, IMO.

But there should be no scooping.  That’s insane.  None of it matters until 5 minutes later when the team announces it.  The worst part is when Ken Rosenthal or MLBtraderumors gives “credit” to somebody for  scooping the report.  “First reported by joeblow”.   Who gives a crap.  This isn’t citing an academic journal.  It’s useless sports.  

Like you can almost picture this person being proud of first reporting it.  What hubris.  Just let the teams announce a trade to the press 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SonofaRoache said:

I think you've confused being on social media with working hard to accomplish goals. 

Nope. Just like life, garbage in, garbage out. If you follow garbage,  you get garbage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×