George Springer Thread

Squirmin' for Yermin

12 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

So what I said is correct then? Status quo is for the sky to be falling. Due to the sox never coming through in free agency. I'm confused at your point.

How are you confused? I already stated that there is every reason to be upset and expect this to be true. And you seem to be acting as if we are being unreasonable by feeling that way.

What other point do you need or are you looking for? What on earth are you confused about?

Edited by RagahRagah
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

How are you confused? I already stated that there is every reason to be upset and expect this to be true. And you seem to be acting as if we are being unreasonable by feeling that way.

What other point do you need or are you looking for? What on earth are you confused about?

Every reason to be upset? Lol get a grip. This team is loaded with talent and payroll flexibility. Let's see it play out.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

Every reason to be upset? Lol get a grip. This team is loaded with talent and payroll flexibility. Let's see it play out.

What is payroll flexibility when a big portion of it is spent on a bunch of trash? Mazara, Gio Gonzalez, Encarnacion, Cishek come out about 1 year of Machado who they missed out on because they didn’t wanted to keep flexibility.

Edited by Orlando

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

It isn't really flexibility if you won't use it 

So you agree that sox fans have every reason to be upset right now? Or, should we maybe just chill out a little bit and enjoy the ride? See where this goes. Sox are in a great position right now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Orlando said:

What is payroll flexibility when a big portion of it is spent on a bunch of trash? Mazara, Gio Gonzalez, Encarnacion, Cishek come out about 1 year of Machado who they missed out on because they didn’t wanted to keep flexibility.

Did they not have a 125 million dollar deal on the table for Wheeler in the same off-season that resulted in those 4 being signed? An offer that was top of the market but fell through for other reasons.

The Sox put themselves in a position to compete. So far, it's going according to plan. I tend to want to have fun with it and see how this plays out rather than assume everything sucks. But to each their own I guess.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

Did they not have a 125 million dollar deal on the table for Wheeler in the same off-season that resulted in those 4 being signed? An offer that was top of the market but fell through for other reasons.

The Sox put themselves in a position to compete. So far, it's going according to plan. I tend to want to have fun with it and see how this plays out rather than assume everything sucks. But to each their own I guess.

I mean the could have not signed one of those bums and added 5-10 million to the Wheeler deal.

3 minutes ago, Orlando said:

I mean the could have not signed one of those bums and added 5-10 million to the Wheeler deal.

That's just bad business. You don't just keep tacking on dollars until he signs.

But, like I said, status quo around here is the sky is falling. And you all are just making my argument for me. 

9 minutes ago, Orlando said:

And the prior year they spent $21 million on Nova, Jay and Alonso.  And the $9 million on Alonso was a Machado attractor.
If they can do that on a team that isn't winning, they can pony up for one of the big dogs for this window.

28 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

That's just bad business. You don't just keep tacking on dollars until he signs.

But, like I said, status quo around here is the sky is falling. And you all are just making my argument for me. 

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 ok Jerry Reinsdorf. Good day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SonofaRoache said:

White Sox twitter talked big boy stuff about multiple championships. The organization needs to back that talk up big time. 

“Words are words. I would look at actions."

- Tony LaRussa 10/29/2020

Then again, 

"I accept full responsibility for my conduct (i.e. Guilty Conviction for Criminal DUI in the State of Florida), and assure everyone that I have learned a very valuable lesson and that this will never occur again"

-Tony LaRussa 11/28/2007

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

I hereby declare the entirety of PHT to be a safe space to bloviate about how the TLR hiring sucks until he's dismissed, resigns or retires. 

The sad (but awesome) thing is that he's going to win a World Series before any of those three things happen.

• Like 1

David Dahl non-tendered by the Rockies would be well worth the $2.5 ish 'show me' deal as platoon partner w/Engel.. He is a LH hitting bomber who was an All-Star in 2019, 26 yrs old and injury prone but the real deal if/when healthy.

12 minutes ago, Orlando said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 ok Jerry Reinsdorf. Good day.

Why is this thread open? I'm serious.

If posters get ridiculed for suggesting the Sox have a shot to sign Springer and aren't doom and gloom. Then why even have a thread to discuss it? 

3 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

Why is this thread open? I'm serious.

If posters get ridiculed for suggesting the Sox have a shot to sign Springer and aren't doom and gloom. Then why even have a thread to discuss it? 

This is a really good fucking point, and I suggest that there's a catch all thread to discuss bullshit rumors about top of the market free agents being involved with the White Sox until Jerry either signs one, or is no longer the chairman of the White Sox. 

It's been 24 years since Jerry signed a top of the market free agent from outside the org. He's done it exactly twice in his 40 year tenure as chairman. (Fisk, Belle) 

Edited by Jack Parkman