George Springer Thread

Squirmin' for Yermin

Okay so here's the thing. I saw some confusion yesterday and I'll try to clear it up. I think the White Sox are more likely to trade for pitching if they get an impact guy. They're absolutely interested in George Springer. Will they get him? I have no idea. I'm not sure how soon he even wants to sign but I think the White Sox are approaching it the same way they did with Grandal. Whether it works or not will be determined later I guess. It's insane the number of fake/insider accounts out there right now. It won't dissuade anyone but I've never needed a nonsense account. I just post from mine. I also run the FutureSox one sometimes and one for the track and field team I coach. I don't have time for another account and if I did, it wouldn't be as clever. The Portillos one actually has some solid intel if you go back to last year which is strange. I think everyone should be patient but I know that won't happen. 

• Thanks 7
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Okay so here's the thing. I saw some confusion yesterday and I'll try to clear it up. I think the White Sox are more likely to trade for pitching if they get an impact guy. They're absolutely interested in George Springer. Will they get him? I have no idea. I'm not sure how soon he even wants to sign but I think the White Sox are approaching it the same way they did with Grandal. Whether it works or not will be determined later I guess. It's insane the number of fake/insider accounts out there right now. It won't dissuade anyone but I've never needed a nonsense account. I just post from mine. I also run the FutureSox one sometimes and one for the track and field team I coach. I don't have time for another account and if I did, it wouldn't be as clever. The Portillos one actually has some solid intel if you go back to last year which is strange. I think everyone should be patient but I know that won't happen. 

Can you please just put your reputation on the line a definitively say the Sox will or won't sign Springer?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

You look forward to us missing out on elite free agents...weird.

Not looking forward to the miss. You twisted my post.  Looking forward to the month of weeping and moaning on this site.   What the hey, it's all in fun, right?

28 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Thanks Y2Jimmy!  As always, we really do appreciate the Intel and information you share and contribute here at Soxtalk.

17 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I think Al’s Cheesy Beef is a fraud and/or just a second Not Steve Cishek account, but need to keep this thread from falling onto the second page so here we are.

He also tweeted this so heads up everyone LOL

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Cheesy Beef tweeted that JBJ is going to Houston, then deleted it a minute later. Interesting.

That would take an intriguing guy off the board earlier and be a favor to Springer and Joc

Edited by Orlando

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

And the true test if this dude is full of shit or not.

I bet he’s full of crap. James said that PortillosHamburger seems to have good intel but he didn’t say anything about Al’s Cheesy Beef. I guess we’ll find out very soon. 

Edited by maloney.adam