Viciedo Nickname Misconception: it was never "HoT FiRe", it was simply "Hot Fire"

ron883

Viciedo Nickname Misconception: it was never "HoT FiRe", it was simply "Hot Fire"  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which spelling is better?

• HoT FiRe is better
    • Hot Fire is better

HoT FiRe is the original nickname for Dayan Viciedo. It was one of the more highly disputed nicknamed in White Sox history. It was created sometime around 2011 by joecoolman aka chiliirishhammock aka the official Soxtalk nicknamer. Some loved it, others hated it.

One important distinction with the nickname was the spelling of it - alternating capital and lowercase letters. This nickname was created around 2011, long before alternating capital and lowercase letters was used in a condescending way as it is now. 

However, new shit has come to light regarding the nickname. It turns out the alternating letters was never part of Dayan's actual nickname. See below by the creator of the nickname. 

On 3/19/2012 at 3:43 PM, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:
QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 19, 2012 -> 01:24 PM)
Joe, it was the spelling of HoT FiRe that got me.

That's just in my sig, I've never actually posted that in conversation.

In your opinion, does this diminish the quality of the nickname? I personally think the alternating capital letters defined it. Dayan will forever be HoT FiRe to me. If we could be some input from @ChiliIrishHammock24, that would be appreciated.

As far as I’m concerned, the Soxtalk Mt. Rushmore is the following three things in no particular order:

HoT FiRe

peavy44

and the guy about a year ago who posted the 90,000 line post and then the people quoting it in reply   

This is the power 3.  Tim at catcher is a close 4 but quickly becoming my favorite.  

what do you have?

25 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

As far as I’m concerned, the Soxtalk Mt. Rushmore is the following three things in no particular order:

HoT FiRe

peavy44

and the guy about a year ago who posted the 90,000 line post and then the people quoting it in reply   

This is the power 3.  Tim at catcher is a close 4 but quickly becoming my favorite.  

what do you have?

I've thought about a Soxtalk Mount Rushmore before. Your list is very good. i see you have Tim Anderson at catcher. I think one should simply be "greg775" . Tim Anderson at catcher would fall under that.

The guy has been running the long con for over 15 years. I don't know if he has ever truly broken character. If you were to tell Soxtalk forum members to name the first 5 Soxtalk posters that come to their mind, I'd wager that greg is the most mentioned person. greg most definitely has a spot on the Soxtalk mount rushmore.

I've always thought about it in terms of members. This is mine.

greg775 - as stated above

SS2K5 - most consistently active moderator throughout the time here. Lot of posts.

fathom - longtime active poster, including gamethreads. Known for.gis trademarked pessimism. He's the classic pessimistic fan. 

Chisoxfn - he made this place (I think)

Edited by Yearnin' for Yermin

21 hours ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

HoT FiRe is the original nickname for Dayan Viciedo. It was one of the more highly disputed nicknamed in White Sox history. It was created sometime around 2011 by joecoolman aka chiliirishhammock aka the official Soxtalk nicknamer. Some loved it, others hated it.

One important distinction with the nickname was the spelling of it - alternating capital and lowercase letters. This nickname was created around 2011, long before alternating capital and lowercase letters was used in a condescending way as it is now. 

However, new shit has come to light regarding the nickname. It turns out the alternating letters was never part of Dayan's actual nickname. See below by the creator of the nickname. 

In your opinion, does this diminish the quality of the nickname? I personally think the alternating capital letters defined it. Dayan will forever be HoT FiRe to me. If we could be some input from @ChiliIrishHammock24, that would be appreciated.

I'm surprised Rosenthal or Heyman hasn't given you credit for this scoop yet .