Sign in to follow this  
BrianAnderson

Quick Hit, would you take a vaccine?

Would you take a vaccine? (Poll)  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Currently, with the information at hand, assuming it all comes out positively from here until April, would you take a vaccine?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends, leaning Yes
    • Depends, leaning No

15 hours ago, lostfan said:

I'll do it, I'm a very pro-vaccine person, I just don't wanna be the first to do it. A lot of my friends are skeptical but Black folks are like that about vaccines because *gestures broadly at Tuskegee experiments, Henrietta Lacks, entire history of the United States, etc*

Thank you for that perspective. 

• Like 1

I'm gonna camp outside of the Pfizer factory like people usually do for Black Friday sales. Get that primo vaccine right off the line while it's still hot.

e: makes me wonder what the security profile around these facilities and the transportation/storage is going to look like.

Edited by StrangeSox
  • Haha 1

On 11/23/2020 at 9:52 AM, StrangeSox said:

I'm gonna camp outside of the Pfizer factory like people usually do for Black Friday sales. Get that primo vaccine right off the line while it's still hot.

e: makes me wonder what the security profile around these facilities and the transportation/storage is going to look like.

It's appropriately ridiculous given every other failure that we haven't heard a summary of how this is going to go beyond "health care workers and those at risk first". How do you determine who is at risk? Do I have to have a doctor's note to get into an early group if I actually belong there? Do family members come with the at-risk person or do they have to wait/see their own doctor to verify their risk factors? No clue. 

20 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

It's appropriately ridiculous given every other failure that we haven't heard a summary of how this is going to go beyond "health care workers and those at risk first". How do you determine who is at risk? Do I have to have a doctor's note to get into an early group if I actually belong there? Do family members come with the at-risk person or do they have to wait/see their own doctor to verify their risk factors? No clue. 

It's America so there will be a way, legally or illegally to buy your way to the front of the line same as you could buy your way out  of the draft.  

After wealth and privilege,  medical providers,  first responders,   food production and distribution,  child care providers including educators, and finally our military. Perhaps register through your employer.   

15 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Illinois was originally told it would receive 400k doses immediately. Now it’s 80k.

Trump did say if you want federal help you had to be nice to him.  Illinois wasn't nice.  

Until we know how many and which manufacturers are up and running it seems like speculation. 

Maybe a good idea to get people to take it is to create appearance that in scarcity it will go to rich/elite/connected first.

This thread went from people skeptical of going first to being jealous that others get to jump the line.