Sign in to follow this  
southsider2k5

Sox hire Cairo as bench coach

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Played for Tony, FYI 

Looks like we know who is calling the shots now. F this. I'm rooting for the northside next year. 

Edited by Yearnin' for Yermin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Looks like we know who is calling the shots now. F this. I'm rooting for the northside next year. 

Why shouldn’t Tony have a say in who his bench coach is?  I have no problem with this.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Haven't you lost and welched on like 7 ban bets at this point? They'll welcome you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1
  • Fire 3

3 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Looks like we know who is calling the shots now. I'm rooting for the northside next year. 

Good riddance. Dude's probably coached thousands of players the odds there's a good candidate who also played for him arent that low. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

🤡

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 1
  • Fire 3

So, does anyone know if (credibly accused) Rapist Boston will return  to do whatever it is that he does in the coaching staff?

25 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Will you be Hankerin' for Hoerner then?

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

33 minutes ago, fathom said:

Why shouldn’t Tony have a say in who his bench coach is?  I have no problem with this.

It doesn't bode well for those of us who are holding out hope that a La Russa convinction in December would result in them firing/mutually parting ways with TLR.

Or it could be a complete coincidence that he happened to have played for TLR and maybe the Sox are hedging their choice as a guy who would be a good choice independent of La Russa, but may also be good in conjunction with La Russa in the event that he is found innocent/they keep him regardless.

Honestly it would be smart of them to hedge themselves for both outcomes. 

Edited by ChiliIrishHammock24

2 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

It doesn't bode well for those of us who are holding out hope that a La Russa convinction in December would result in them firing/mutually parting ways with TLR.

That was obvious last week.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

42 minutes ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

Haven't you lost and welched on like 7 ban bets at this point? They'll welcome you.

To make a ban bet official, you need somebody else to accept the ban bet as well. Nobody here has the guts to do it. I haven't legitimately lost a ban bet here. 

• Haha 1

I actually like this hire. We needed someone that can relate everyone on the team. Brings balance to the clubhouse. Could be a possible replacement when TLR leaves. 

Edited by maloney.adam

4 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

I actually like this hire. We needed someone that can relate to the Hispanic players. Brings balance to the clubhouse. Could be a possible replacement when TLR leaves. 

Madrigal, giolito, kopech and the rest of our Anglo crew must be excited to have a manager that has English as his first language. He must be able to relate to them.