Sox hire Cairo as bench coach

southsider2k5

33 minutes ago, fathom said:

Why shouldn’t Tony have a say in who his bench coach is?  I have no problem with this.

It doesn't bode well for those of us who are holding out hope that a La Russa convinction in December would result in them firing/mutually parting ways with TLR.

Or it could be a complete coincidence that he happened to have played for TLR and maybe the Sox are hedging their choice as a guy who would be a good choice independent of La Russa, but may also be good in conjunction with La Russa in the event that he is found innocent/they keep him regardless.

Honestly it would be smart of them to hedge themselves for both outcomes. 

Edited by ChiliIrishHammock24

42 minutes ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

Haven't you lost and welched on like 7 ban bets at this point? They'll welcome you.

To make a ban bet official, you need somebody else to accept the ban bet as well. Nobody here has the guts to do it. I haven't legitimately lost a ban bet here. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

I actually like this hire. We needed someone that can relate to the Hispanic players. Brings balance to the clubhouse. Could be a possible replacement when TLR leaves. 

Madrigal, giolito, kopech and the rest of our Anglo crew must be excited to have a manager that has English as his first language. He must be able to relate to them.