2021 Ticket Prices Increasing?

soxfan18

Received an email about a new 10 ticket 'Voucher Pack' they are offering, and from that, I am led to believe we are going to see significant increases to ticket prices this year.

1605734697091.png

$291 for 10 Lower Corner tickets.  Do the math, that's up $9.10 from the $20 they've been at for quite a few years now.  $30 for Bleachers, are they nuts?    

34 minutes ago, soxfan18 said:

Received an email about a new 10 ticket 'Voucher Pack' they are offering, and from that, I am led to believe we are going to see significant increases to ticket prices this year.

1605734697091.png

$291 for 10 Lower Corner tickets.  Do the math, that's up $9.10 from the $20 they've been at for quite a few years now.  $30 for Bleachers, are they nuts?    

10 gamers in LF & RF have been right around $300 the past couple of seasons.  An extra $35-40 isn't a deal breaker, but it is not an insignificant jump either.

Was going to make a new thread but this seems like a good spot to ask.

Those of you who have 20/40/full season packages - how much of a loss do you take if you need to sell some games away? (ie. buy a 20pack but end up selling 10 online). I would assume part of it is dependent on how well the Sox are doing but curious as my schedule makes it tough to plan far in advance. 

6 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Those of you who have 20/40/full season packages - how much of a loss do you take if you need to sell some games away? (ie. buy a 20pack but end up selling 10 online). I would assume part of it is dependent on how well the Sox are doing but curious as my schedule makes it tough to plan far in advance. 

Yeah the team being significantly better should help the demand/resale value, but a lot of it depends on which games you're choosing to go to/list as well. In our plan, we always list Cubs/Sox (I personally hate going to those), and try to list some games in the Yankees/Red Sox tier of teams. Date of the game is also important as well, early season games tend to do worse than mid-summer ones. Generally we just use the profits from what we sell to help cover the expenses of the tix we have, very rarely have we had to eat any tix.

7 hours ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Reselling our lower 140s seats ranged from $10-70 depending on opponent/day. Probably $20 avg on weeknights and $40 avg on weekends. 

Basically, how much you make back depends on selling Cubs/Yankees/Red Sox tix and going to the rest. Reselling the parking pass helps too — I’ve made $5 for bad opponents and $30+ for premium opponents. Stubhub takes 20% but it’s the most reliable for getting takers. 

Personally, I hate Cubs/Yankees/Red Sox games because of traffic/parking. Those go on Stubhub everytime. I’ll only go to soldout games if it’s a special occasion, final week of a playoff race, or the playoffs. 

Edited by IWokeUpLikeThis
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Sleepy Harold said:

Yeah the team being significantly better should help the demand/resale value, but a lot of it depends on which games you're choosing to go to/list as well. In our plan, we always list Cubs/Sox (I personally hate going to those), and try to list some games in the Yankees/Red Sox tier of teams. Date of the game is also important as well, early season games tend to do worse than mid-summer ones. Generally we just use the profits from what we sell to help cover the expenses of the tix we have, very rarely have we had to eat any tix.

13 hours ago, IWokeUpLikeThis said:

Reselling our lower 140s seats ranged from $10-70 depending on opponent/day. Probably $20 avg on weeknights and $40 avg on weekends. 

Basically, how much you make back depends on selling Cubs/Yankees/Red Sox tix and going to the rest. Reselling the parking pass helps too — I’ve made $5 for bad opponents and $30+ for premium opponents. Stubhub takes 20% but it’s the most reliable for getting takers. 

Personally, I hate Cubs/Yankees/Red Sox games because of traffic/parking. Those go on Stubhub everytime. I’ll only go to soldout games if it’s a special occasion, final week of a playoff race, or the playoffs. 

Thanks

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Sleepy Harold said:

14 hours ago, IWokeUpLikeThis said:

Agree with these posts. You need to use some game theory to select and sell higher demand games and be prepared to dump off some tickets early/late in the season or during less than ideal weather - at a loss. When the team is bad or out of it, you're going to get stuck, no way around it. I've been part of groups who have done each of the different options, and it's really tough in down seasons. I think if you can share them with some flexible people it's best to spread around. 

It's a shame they are raising prices, but not a surprise. I have already cancelled my package, and frankly they haven't really tried to get me back. It seems they think the teams success will more than make up for ticket sales than the PR hit and price increase.

Highly doubtful fans will be allowed in at anywhere close to capacity, if at all, to start the season. Perhaps by the Summer or Fall. 

I can see the owners stalling / chopping off a significant number of games from the schedule again next season.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

We have 4 seats behind the  visitor on deck circle, took a couple of decades to move there so we will always hold on to them. Earlier in the year the Sox offered a 2020 payment refund or 5% more if you roll over your deposits. Since we knew we would renew we rolled our 2020 payments over.

A couple a weeks ago I received an invoice for about $1500 and asked my rep why when we had 105% paid in. He stated that our seats went up 10-11%. That's the largest increase I ever remember but I think 2006 was close to that.

I agree with previous posters that you can usually make some money back on the Cubs/ Yanks / Red Sox. Any summer weekend games, esp. Saturday, you usually can can your money back or make a little. Its the April and September weekday games against division opponents or weak teams that you take a bath on. The one nice thing is when the Sox are in contention September can be decent too.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Highly doubtful fans will be allowed in at anywhere close to capacity, if at all, to start the season. Perhaps by the Summer or Fall. 

I can see the owners stalling / chopping off a significant number of games from the schedule again next season.

Do you talk to your mother with that mouth?