BaseballAmerica: Kelley Draws Rave Reviews from Instructs

bmags

Jared Kelley, RHP, White Sox

The White Sox’s second-rounder made an immediate impression in Arizona. He flashed three plus pitches, including a fastball up to 97 mph, to go with signs of command, a sound delivery and impressive poise for his age. Kelley got noticeably heavier between the spring and fall and evaluators noted they would be concerned if he got any bigger, but for now it’s not an issue.

Also damn board fav priester sounds like he's off to a good start

Quinn Priester, RHP, Pirates

Priester blossomed from a projectable righthander with a low-90s fastball into a physical force who sat 96 mph and touched 99 mph this year. His curveball added power to become a borderline 70-grade pitch as well, and he did it all without sacrificing his advanced strike-throwing ability. Evaluators considered him arguably the top pitcher in Florida and didn’t hesitate to put front-of-the-rotation projections on him.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Let’s hope he can keep his weight where it’s at, a little alarming he got heavier since the spring.

Eh.  These guys are not living normal lives.  I will be more worried if it happens once he is in a real camp situation.  I am guessing a lot of guys lost it once they went home.

42 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Eh.  These guys are not living normal lives.  I will be more worried if it happens once he is in a real camp situation.  I am guessing a lot of guys lost it once they went home.

Weight has always been an issue for him though, so while there may be a semi-acceptable reason it’s definitely something to keep a close eye one.

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Let’s hope he can keep his weight where it’s at, a little alarming he got heavier since the spring.

Cmon.  Who hasn't put on some quarantine weight?

And anyways, I think pitchers can be successful and fat.

Edited by turnin' two

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Dominikk85 said:

Longenhagen said he completely discards information on prospects by teams as propaganda especially if those teams had a non public summer camp.

Just my opinion, but I think there is a difference between Chris Getz hyping up prospects in a random interview and people like James getting intel from people in the know.

Edited by Chicago White Sox
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Just my opinion, but I think there is a difference between Chris Getz hyping up prospects in a random interview and people like James getting intel from people in the know.

2 hours ago, bmags said:

this warms the cockles of my heart. ❤️ JR

If you had to guess where do you think Rodriguez starts out this year?

37 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’d assume Kannapolis.  With most minor leaguers missing a year of development and Great Falls now eliminated, I’d expect a pretty loaded Kannapolis roster next year.

Thanks!  I think I'm going to spend for the minor league package this year.   I'm excited for this next wave of prospects.  

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

He’ll 100% be statewide, whether they send him to full-season ball is another story.

What is your opinion on him?   From what I read,  I like his Plate discipline. Hopefully he develops some power. 

8 minutes ago, Sox80 said:

What is your opinion on him?   From what I read,  I like his Plate discipline. Hopefully he develops some power. 

Got to love the tools and advanced approach at the plate at such a young age, but it’s so hard to really to know much at this point given he still hasn’t made his stateside debut.  I personally hope they push him to Kannapolis next year, but that would be aggressive and I’m guessing it’s going to be a packed OF.

I forgot the interview but Getz has said placement will be more about playing time than appropriate levels. 

Still here is a guess that I’m sure I’ll miss someone big on

WS

C - Green, K Sanchez

INF - Y Sanchez, Sosa, Zangari, Quintero, Nunez

OF - Bush, Mieses, Comas, Allen

P- Martin, Bilous...I unno

Kannapolis

C - Torres, Goldfarb

INF - Ramos, Rodriguez, Polanco, Gladney, Mendoza

OF - Beard, Glass, Krogman, Coronado, Guerrero

P - Thompson, Dalquist, Kelley, Horn, Pineda

So yeah a whole lot of players unaccounted for

40 minutes ago, bmags said:

I forgot the interview but Getz has said placement will be more about playing time than appropriate levels. 

WS

C - Green, K Sanchez

Kannapolis

C - Torres, Goldfarb

Nunez is gone if you’re referring to Amado.

I think Mieses & Comas to A+ is incredibly aggressive, but at the same time if the goal is to get all these guys playing time then some will have to be stretched to your point.  I’d also expect Delgado, Weaver, Curbelo, & Abbott to see full season action somewhere.

46 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Nunez is gone if you’re referring to Amado.

I think Mieses & Comas to A+ is incredibly aggressive, but at the same time if the goal is to get all these guys playing time then some will have to be stretched to your point.  I’d also expect Delgado, Weaver, Curbelo, & Abbott to see full season action somewhere.

Comas and Mieses have nowhere to go. And Even with another month in AZL before it needs to stock draft prospects, I’d rather the AZL outfield of 2019 get to full season ball than worry about Mieses and comas who have had a very gradual pushing to date. I like them both. 

The hardest ones are weaver and Delgado.

3 hours ago, bmags said:

WS

C - Green, K Sanchez

Kannapolis

C - Torres, Goldfarb

Going to be some tough decisions. As of now I have this: 

High-A Winston-Salem: 

OF: Bryce Bush, Duke Ellis, AJ Gill, Jon Allen. 

INF: Sam Abbott, Luis Curbelo, Yolbert Sanchez, Lenyn Sosa

Catcher: Evan Skoug and Gunnar Troutwine. 

Low-A Kannapolis 

OF: Comas, Mieses, Coronado and Weaver 

Infield: Ramos, Gladney, Rodriguez, Delgado, maybe Mendoza. 

Catcher: Tyler Osik 

Chase Krogman could end up in Low A  OF. I think Glass and Beard are definitely back in AZ though. Lots of decisions to make. 

Edited by Y2Jimmy0