Field of Dreams Game

Buehrle>Wood

• 7 months later...
1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

I would be SHOCKED if there were public tickets.

As would I, still assuming there will be sellers on Stubhub, Seatgeek, etc.

There may be a select number of season ticket holders who get tickets. There are 8,000 seats. 

Edited by DoUEvenShift

1 minute ago, DoUEvenShift said:

As would I, still assuming there will be sellers on Stubhub, Seatgeek, etc.

There may be a select number of season ticket holders who get tickets. There are 8,000 seats. 

With 8000 tickets and a brand new event, I bet it is all VIPs and friends and family.

I've seen weird things like "Win 4 Field of Dreams tickets from _________ Farmers Association" but absolutely nothing about publicly available tickets. 

I think the tickets are all going to connected baseball people, corporate sponsors, organizations, charities, etc. and the only hope is those people putting them up on StubHub. 

2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

I would be SHOCKED if there were public tickets.

2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

With 8000 tickets and a brand new event, I bet it is all VIPs and friends and family.

giphy.gif

https://www.mlb.com/news/field-of-dreams-game-ticket-lottery-registration

A public registration for access to tickets to the Thursday, August 12th MLB at Field of Dreams Presented by GEICO game between the Chicago White Sox and the New York Yankees will be available exclusively to residents of Iowa from Friday, July 16th through Friday, July 23rd, Major League Baseball announced today. Registration for the lottery will be limited to fans who have Iowa zip codes. On Monday, August 2nd, winners of the lottery will be notified and will then have the opportunity to purchase up to two tickets and one parking pass for the special game.

• Fire 1

Wondering if Iowa residents will be able to sell the tickets.

The ticket info says:

Selected registrants may not transfer this purchase opportunity.

Does that just mean the ability to purchase the tickets are non transferrable and once they are purchased they can be sold 3rd party?

3 hours ago, DoUEvenShift said:

That doesn't really tell you how many. I emailed the sox a few times about this event as i'm part of a group that has had tix for 40+ years. dead silence. aint happening for sox fans. maybe theyll do a raffle of like 500 tix for season tix holders, but i doubt even that. this is MLB being MLB. 

5 minutes ago, BrianAnderson said:

That doesn't really tell you how many. I emailed the sox a few times about this event as i'm part of a group that has had tix for 40+ years. dead silence. aint happening for sox fans. maybe theyll do a raffle of like 500 tix for season tix holders, but i doubt even that. this is MLB being MLB. 

Yea. I have a buddy in Iowa who is entering for me (Paying him $200 on top of the ticket prices if he wins the drawing). Hoping its a good chunk of the 8K available seats. I'm curious what the pricing for tickets will look like on StubHub. The Yankees are known for traveling well - I could see like $500+ for cheapest tickets, maybe more. 

9 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

oh hey guys

See you are from Iowa..

CALL YOUR FRIENDS, CALL YOUR FAMILY THE IOWA RESIDENTS HAVE A CHANCE TO SEE MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL

in all seriousness good luck, hope you get tickets ;)

Edited by DoUEvenShift

Just now, Heads22 said:

the funny thing is im going to register for a game i don't even know i will be able to go to with work

Well worst case you can make a hefty profit reselling them, or you can always sell them face value to your friends here at SoxTalk