The Blake Snell Thread

maloney.adam

5 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Some Sox fans don’t want to get rid of any prospects. Imagine the reaction if they traded for Snell lol

Snell is one guy I'd be ok trading Kopech or Vaughn for. He's a legit ace. 

Something like Kopech or Vaughn +Madrigal or Dunning and I think that gets it done. 

I would not want to trade Crochet. Anyone else not in the Majors is available. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

It would be both plus a semi interesting third piece.  Look at the Archer deal as a basic framework, but you can ignore Balta’s ridiculous proposal of Vaughn, Kopech, Cease, & Madrigal.  But if this is the move the Rays want to make, it’s going to be hard for another to offer up comparable hitting & pitching prospects that are both major league ready.  We probably can get him if we’re willing to give those two up.

10 minutes ago, fathom said:

Kopech, Vaughn and Collins for Snell and then sign Cruz, Richards and Joc.  There’s your World Series contender.  And yes, I don’t want to trade Kopech and Vaughn.

No way I'm trading Kopech for him. I want to pair those two with Gio. This trade may not be an option if they won't start the deal with Vaughn, Dunning, Cease, and Collins. 

Edited by SonofaRoache

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

It would be both plus a semi interesting third piece.  Look at the Archer deal as a basic framework, but you can ignore Balta’s ridiculous proposal of Vaughn, Kopech, Cease, & Madrigal.  But if this is the move the Rays want to make, it’s going to be hard for another to offer up comparable hitting & pitching prospects that are both major league ready.  We probably can get him if we’re willing to give those two up.

If they could get the deal done for Cease, Madrigal and Dunning I'd jump for joy. 

It's going to cost similar to Sale to get this done. Maybe they could get it done without giving up Kopech or Vaughn by giving up a 3rd piece like Dunning and another high-end prospect. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

7 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Some Sox fans don’t want to get rid of any prospects. Imagine the reaction if they traded for Snell lol

Yeah. It's hard to see any deal not involving Vaughn, which sucks. Madrigal just doesn't slot into a trade with the Rays.

There would be otherworldly pressure on Snell to be 2018 Snell and not 2019 Snell.

• Like 1

I'd be willing to package some combination of Kopech, Dunning, Cease, any of the recent HS draftees etc in a deal for Snell, but I wouldn't put Madrigal or Vaughn in the trade.

Fangraphs depth charts have Madrigal projected at 2.9 WAR next season. Snell's at 3.7 but that's with an innings total (176) he's only reached once in his career. The upside for Snell is likely much higher than with Madrigal, but I don't think it'd be unlikely at all for him to just be *better* than Snell next season and that's without getting into their respective contractual differences.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

If they could get the deal done for Cease, Madrigal and Dunning I'd jump for joy. 

It's going to cost similar to Sale to get this done. Maybe they could get it done without giving up Kopech or Vaughn by giving up a 3rd piece like Dunning and another high-end prospect. 

The Rays want to compete, so if they move Snell they will want to major league pieces and while Dunning a nice prospect, I think they’d require Kopech on the pitching side.  And honestly, if I’m them I’d 100% need Vaughn involved to provide some certainty since Kopech is a bit of a high variance guy.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

The Rays want to compete, so if they move Snell they will want to major league pieces and while Dunning a nice prospect, I think they’d require Kopech on the pitching side.  And honestly, if I’m them I’d 100% need Vaughn involved to provide some certainty since Kopech is a bit of a high variance guy.

I’m sure they see a lot of Glasnow in Kopech

• Like 1