The Blake Snell Thread

maloney.adam

4 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

What are we thinking it would take? If Vaughn isn’t involved it would have to be Kopech as the headliner, right? 

Yeah. Snell is one of the few pitchers I'm ok trading Kopech for. 

Kopech would have to be the top guy going back imo and the Sox have to hold on to Crochet and Vaughn here. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

What are we thinking it would take? If Vaughn isn’t involved it would have to be Kopech as the headliner, right? 

Trade Vaughn for Snell, sign Joc and Nelson Cruz....would be something I could see an “all in” team considering

3 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

What do you guys think about Kopech, Stiever, and Dalquist for Snell?  Would you guys make that trade? Would the Rays?

Yeah, that's about where I'm at. I'd throw in Burger or Sheets if it took that. He's blocked to hell and it's not like the Sox have any room for him anyway. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

6 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

What do you guys think about Kopech, Stiever, and Dalquist for Snell?  Would you guys make that trade? Would the Rays?

I would do it all day every day. I think the Sox would have to throw some teenagers we never heard of in. 

2 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

I have to imagine the Rays want offense. I know Franco is coming, but they also have mclanahan, baz, and in theory McKay but I don't know what the shoulder injury will do to him.

They really, really need a catcher. There are not many fits there. Clearly the yanks were terrified of Sanchez ending up in tampa. 

Who knows. Whomever the rays want you can be sure is probably going to be pretty good.

7 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

I'm Kopech's biggest fan and I'd drive him to the airport to make this deal.  Most likely light for the Rays though.

2 minutes ago, Rowand44 said:

I'm Kopech's biggest fan and I'd drive him to the airport to make this deal.  Most likely light for the Rays though.

Blake Snell is not Chris Sale. He's very good and has the Cy Young that Sale doesn't, but he's nowhere near as consistently great each season as Sale was. Therefore, he should not cost as much as Sale. 

Sale would've won the Cy Young in 2018 if he didn't get hurt. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Blake Snell is not Chris Sale. He's very good and has the Cy Young that Sale doesn't, but he's nowhere near as consistently great each season as Sale was. Therefore, he should not cost as much as Sale. 

kopech, stiever, dalquist is not a chris sale deal.

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

That deal mentioned isn't even close to the deal for Chris.