trading our players

SoxSteve

On 11/25/2020 at 2:45 PM, SoxSteve said:

Maybe this shouldn't be a new topic but what is with all this talk about trading our young players away? I just don't understand the thinking behind it. it hijacks every thread with ridiculous trade ideas. Why does Vaughn's name come up in every trade and why are some posters in such a hurry to get rid of the guy? I heard it all last year and now this year as well.  It's not a stretch to think he might end up being our best hitter down the road. Madrigal looks like a 300 plus hitter and all that with a bad shoulder. And I wouldn't trade Kopech until I see him for a full year without or without him being a possible head case. And I even saw Garret Crochet name come up along with Robert. INSANE.  I will be sooooo pissed if we trade any of these guys. I don't care who we get in return like Snell or Marquez. And don't even get me started on Lance Lynn. Please!!! I don't post a lot but just felt I had to say it because I get nauseous every time I see these names come up. just saying

Great post soxsteve! I completely agree. 

I think we have a much better chance of winning a world series in the next 3 years than we do building a dynasty...trade whoever needs to be traded to make a serious run at a World Series. 
To each their own, but I’m not the type of fan that is happy with my team just being competitive and making the playoffs. While that’s obviously nice, I want to see my team win a World Series and I’m more than willing to sacrifice a couple of future years of being competitive for it. 

• Fire 1