Sox/Pederson speculation via CSN

southsider2k5

47 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

A Joc/Engel or Leury platoon would give you similar production to Springer at a fraction of the cost/risk involved. It almost makes too much sense for the Sox to do it.

I see the premise here but Springer is just cut from a different cloth. If no Bauer, I want him. 

I’d only be okay with Joc if it means they signed Ozuna to DH. They need a big bat at one of the 2 spots. Joc is nothing more than a band aid in my opinion. They need to be prepared for an Abreu regression and Joc doesn’t make up for that. 

Edited by Rey21
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Rey21 said:

I’d only be okay with Joc if it means they signed Ozuna to DH. They need a big bat at one of the 2 spots. Joc is nothing more than a band aid in my opinion. They need to be prepared for an Abreu regression and Joc doesn’t make up for that. 

You forgetting about Vaughn? They think he's MLB ready. 

2 minutes ago, Rey21 said:

Right now I’d rather have Ozuna because he’s already proven. Vaughn may be a superstar and hell sign Ozuna and keep Vaughn, you could never have enough hitting. 

They could, theoretically, keep Vaughn down another season....idk if that's a good idea, but whatever. If that's the case, I see them signing Michael Brantley for DH. 

I do think that whomever suggested a Pederson/Engel/Garcia platoon for a fraction of the price of Springer has a really good point. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

54 minutes ago, Rey21 said:

Ozuna is not a fit on this roster. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

They could, theoretically, keep Vaughn down another season....idk if that's a good idea, but whatever. If that's the case, I see them signing Michael Brantley for DH. 

I do think that whomever suggested a Pederson/Engel/Garcia platoon for a fraction of the price of Springer has a really good point. 

I’m fine with Brantley as long as it means Springer is here as well. I know I sound like a unrealistic jag bag but Jerry has to spend. 
I’ll be fine with a platoon in RF as long as they have Ozuna. They just again need a another big bopper in the lineup. 

1 minute ago, SouthWallace said:

Unless you plan on trading Vaughn for pitching, paying Ozuna to DH and maybe rotate with Eloy in LF is a poor use of resources.  Fantastic bat, but right handed and not a RF.

If he was anything like last year it definitely wouldn’t be a poor use of resources, again this is assuming they’re not signing Springer. Signing Ozuna makes, or should make Vaughn expendable in search for pitching. 

35 minutes ago, Rey21 said:

I’m fine with Brantley as long as it means Springer is here as well. I know I sound like a unrealistic jag bag but Jerry has to spend. 
I’ll be fine with a platoon in RF as long as they have Ozuna. They just again need a another big bopper in the lineup. 

I think it will be Brantley/Pederson and one from each pair of Quintana/Odorizzi and Richards/Archer

Edited by Jack Parkman

11 minutes ago, Rey21 said:

If he was anything like last year it definitely wouldn’t be a poor use of resources, again this is assuming they’re not signing Springer. Signing Ozuna makes, or should make Vaughn expendable in search for pitching. 

Ok great, he's still a DH only bat at this point, and you still need a RF, a closer, a backup catcher, and a 4th starter; all assuming you have acquired a cost controlled #3 starter or better for a package headlined by Vaughn.  It just doesn't seem like a smart use of available resources, nor does it seem feasible to me.  

• Like 2

Just now, SouthWallace said:

Ok great, he's still a DH only bat at this point, and you still need a RF, a closer, a backup catcher, and a 4th starter; all assuming you have acquired a cost controlled #3 starter or better for a package headlined by Vaughn.  It just doesn't seem like a smart use of available resources, nor does it seem feasible to me.  

I think they're going to give Collins a look at backup catcher. 

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I think it will be Brantley/Pederson and one from each pair of Quintana/Odorizzi and Richards/Archer

And that is Jerry’s definition of never finishing better than 2nd. Would tie a bow on an insanely bad offseason for this team although if I had to choose from this it would be Brantley, Odorizzi, and find the 2nd pitcher via trade

Edited by HahnsKiddieTable