Dodgers sign Bauer (3/102, opt-outs, 40-45-17)

Jose Abreu

9 minutes ago, fathom said:

At least he said the Sox have money to spend.

I’m just confused at this point. Both national guys and our own insiders like Harold are saying the Sox will be spending this offseason, especially after hiring TLR. But not on Bauer, not on Springer, not on insert real difference-maker here. Maybe my idea of spending is just misguided.

That said, I would be happy, although not overwhelmed, by an offseason of Joc + Lynn + Quintana, or something close to that

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

I’m just confused at this point. Both national guys and our own insiders like Harold are saying the Sox will be spending this offseason, especially after hiring TLR. But not on Bauer, not on Springer, not on insert real difference-maker here. Maybe my idea of spending is just misguided.

That said, I would be happy, although not overwhelmed, by an offseason of Joc + Lynn + Quintana, or something close to that

Maybe the intent to spend means using it on existing contracts in trades and not going nuts via free agency?  You know me though, I would love Bauer or Springer.

9 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Fully agree on what constitutes spending.

• Jose Abreu changed the title to Dodgers sign Bauer (3/102, opt-outs, 40-45-17)