Dodgers sign Bauer (3/102, opt-outs, 40-45-17)

Jose Abreu

9 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

if the contract is like 3 for 90 that's not too bad TBH.

Would have np with the White sox doing that.

4 for 120 is like the expected. Anything over that and i have a hard time with it, anything less i like.

Considering this is in the ballpark of what Zach Wheeler got last year.  Getting a Cy Young winner at that rate even if the AAV is higher is insane.   This is exactly the length of deal that the sox should be all over.  Higher AAV and fewer years.  

8 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

Considering this is in the ballpark of what Zach Wheeler got last year.  Getting a Cy Young winner at that rate even if the AAV is higher is insane.   This is exactly the length of deal that the sox should be all over.  Higher AAV and fewer years.  

Offer him a 4 year 160 million follower contract and pay it out over the course of 20 years. 😆

43 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

if the contract is like 3 for 90 that's not too bad TBH.

Would have np with the White sox doing that.

4 for 120 is like the expected. Anything over that and i have a hard time with it, anything less i like.

If its 3/90 maybe Bauer should have used Boras. That's not a good look after a cy young and Springers contract. I'm thinking it lands around 4/120 with some incentives though. Really interested if he is THAT polarizing or if Covid budgets really depressed his market that much. Just glad that yet another stud is going the the National League. The AL is so winnable the next 3-4 seasons.

Edited by EloyJenkins

1 hour ago, EloyJenkins said:

using Twitter to air out negotiations on your first big client will be really WELL received with GMs and peers across the league. 

Again, Bauer explicitly said this is how he wanted to do it. Right or wrong, he wanted his free agency to be a part of the entertainment process. Why would it be bad for an agent to reflect the desires and goals of her client?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

You cannot at all expect pre-covid benchmarks to apply to the mid-covid off-season.  

• Jose Abreu changed the title to Trevor Bauer close to signing with Mets/Dodgers
18 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Wonder what our offer was.

I’m going to go with 1/ $1million if he makes the club out of Spring Training. In all seriousness though, I bet Bauer does a video blog and talks about every team that pursued him. So if there ever really was an offer we will know

Edited by Orlando

• Jose Abreu changed the title to Dodgers sign Bauer (3/102, opt-outs, 40-45-17)