Dodgers sign Bauer (3/102, opt-outs, 40-45-17)

Jose Abreu

Just now, HOFHurt35 said:

Yeah, kind of glad this clown act isn't happening here.  Not that it was ever considered.

I wonder what is next for the people who thought there was a chance the Sox were involved. They probably think Ryan Pace, who when he had the 3rd pick in the draft and 2 fuure HOFers would have been available to chose from, decided to trade up and draft the 2020 version of Rex Grossman. Mike Glennon and Nick Foltz were a couple more. But now that he has a lower pick and no cap space, he will probably make a sound decision.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Yeah, kind of glad this clown act isn't happening here.  Not that it was ever considered.

Yeah, I for one want nothing to do with the current NL Cy Young winner.  I can't wait to look at August when Carlos Rodon is giving up a long home run to Cruz.  Hey we might lose this game, but at least he didn't do something on Twitter.  Glad you have your principles.  

I could give a fuck if he puts on a puppet show on Twitter every Friday if he is the best pitcher available.  I want that on my team.  These principled people who don't want X person because it hurts their sensibilities are funny.  I would rather get the best available player.  The same people who hated AJ before he was here loved him here.  Dennis Rodman, sure when he was with Detroit you hated him.  I want the best player.  If he is doing something illegal then no.  Dont want him.  But because he has X opinion or uses twitter or makes something about himself.  Good lord. 

Edited by southsideirish71
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Just now, 35thstreetswarm said:

I'd like a glimpse into the Soxtalk threads of the alternate universe where Bauer signs here, ties up 35M in payroll, gets into fights with Tim, and puts up a 4.25 ERA in 2021 

Well, glimpse into August if Keuchel or anyone goes on the DL from the pitching staff and you are marching Rodon and Lopez out there every 5 days going OMG why did we resign him.  This is bad.  Why didn't we spend the money. 

Ok so now I’m hoping for this:

3/15: Michael Kopech signs extension ridiculously cheap, like 6/40 plus 2 options, as Gio signs expensive extension.  

Kopech then rips up ST, mysteriously allowing actual contact a few times (later determined to have been caused by Arizona mound imperfections), breaks camp and finishes second to Gio in CYA.  

2 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

Ok so now I’m hoping for this:

3/15: Michael Kopech signs extension ridiculously cheap, like 6/40 plus 2 options, as Gio signs expensive extension.  

Kopech then rips up ST, mysteriously allowing actual contact a few times (later determined to have been caused by Arizona mound imperfections), breaks camp and finishes second to Gio in CYA.  

Great plan!

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

You don't even watch the team, isn't that correct? So how would you know there are no legitimate gripes?

I didn't watch last season because playing baseball during a global crisis is fucking stupid and irresponsible. I still followed. 

This is the second most talented starting lineup and the most talented staff of my lifetime. I'll enjoy this season.

Honestly, I post so little these days that I'm surprised you know who I am. I must have touched a nerve or something because I have no idea what you're even about. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I wonder what is next for the people who thought there was a chance the Sox were involved. They probably think Ryan Pace, who when he had the 3rd pick in the draft and 2 fuure HOFers would have been available to chose from, decided to trade up and draft the 2020 version of Rex Grossman. Mike Glennon and Nick Foltz were a couple more. But now that he has a lower pick and no cap space, he will probably make a sound decision.

I don't know if this is just great timing or if you're aware of all of the rumors, but this is literally what they're doing right now with the rumored Carson Wentz deal

28 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

Yeah, I for one want nothing to do with the current NL Cy Young winner.  I can't wait to look at August when Carlos Rodon is giving up a long home run to Cruz.  Hey we might lose this game, but at least he didn't do something on Twitter.  Glad you have your principles.  

I could give a fuck if he puts on a puppet show on Twitter every Friday if he is the best pitcher available.  I want that on my team.  These principled people who don't want X person because it hurts their sensibilities are funny.  I would rather get the best available player.  The same people who hated AJ before he was here loved him here.  Dennis Rodman, sure when he was with Detroit you hated him.  I want the best player.  If he is doing something illegal then no.  Dont want him.  But because he has X opinion or uses twitter or makes something about himself.  Good lord. 

CY Young award for a 60 game season is not climbing Mt Everest.

He's a good pitcher, but I'm not paying him $30 million per season based on  very little accomplished at the big league level.    This to go along with the baggage (although some want to dismiss the fact that the guy is a fucking weirdo), no thanks.  If Terry Francona wanted no part in this act, stay away.   

5 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

I didn't watch last season because playing baseball during a global crisis is fucking stupid and irresponsible. I still followed. 

This is the second most talented starting lineup and the most talented staff of my lifetime. I'll enjoy this season.

Honestly, I post so little these days that I'm surprised you know who I am. I must have touched a nerve or something because I have no idea what you're even about. 

What changed?

TaylorStSox

Tony LaRussa to plead guilty to lesser charge

TaylorStSox replied to southsider2k5's topic in Pale Hose Talk

It certainly doesn't feel good to be a White Sox fan right now.
  • Fire 1

3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

What changed?

TaylorStSox

Tony LaRussa to plead guilty to lesser charge

TaylorStSox replied to southsider2k5's topic in Pale Hose Talk

It certainly doesn't feel good to be a White Sox fan right now.

I'm an adult that got over it? Are you so juvenile that you looked through my posts for a "gotcha?" Jesus christ, that's pathetic. 

Just now, TaylorStSox said:

I'm an adult that got over it? Are you so juvenile that you looked through my posts for a "gotcha?" Jesus christ, that's pathetic. 

You're just a contrarian who likes to whine but supposedly hates whining. I was just checking your page of posts to see what percentage were actually baseball related, and not general bitching. Not very high.

• Jose Abreu changed the title to Dodgers sign Bauer (3/102, opt-outs, 40-45-17)