Dodgers sign Bauer (3/102, opt-outs, 40-45-17)

Jose Abreu

Just now, Dick Allen said:

You're just a contrarian who likes to whine but supposedly hates whining. I was just checking your page of posts to see what percentage were actually baseball related, and not general bitching. Not very high.

That's weird. Rest assured, I don't care about your posts. Carry on being a baby or whatever you do. 

2 minutes ago, Sockin said:

Lol USATODAY should absolutely fire Nightengale. What a colossal mess-up.

Should The Athletic fire Rosental for getting Brantley wrong? What they should have given Bob some sort of reprimand for was his stance on Tony's no big deal DUI.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sockin said:

This is not Bob’s first mistake, he’s been terrible at his job for a long, long time. 

This is really the first year I know of where the main guys have reported done deals and been wrong. A lot of there other stuff is wrong. Their sources get fed bad info all of the time.

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

This is easily the most talented rotation in most of our lives and people are still finding ways to b****. Modern Soxtalk. 🤣😶

The 1994 White Sox staff was on-pace to have 18.62 bWAR among their top 4 starters (McDowell, Alvarez, Bere, Alex Fernandez), all of whom were immensely "talented."

2005 White Sox had 16.7 fWAR/16.6 bWAR among their top 4 starters. One arm who was a borderline HOF'er, another arm who is one of the best international pitchers of all-time who came stateside a bit late, another who had 6 seasons with an ERA+ over 115 and was a 3 time all-star two time Cy-Young candidate, and their 4th starter who finished 6th in the Cy Young voting that year.

This roster has 3 starters and two complete question marks. I'll take the under both those WAR totals for this staff in 2021. I guess though, based on your posts, you might be 16.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Fire 1

Just now, Dick Allen said:

You don't get those opportunities much when you are looking for a pitcher and claiming to be all about multiple championships. That said, what were the odds even if they showed some interest? I wish they would have at least tried.

I mean, it would have been an insult to fans. Trevor Bauer is getting 45 million in 2022. I’m fairly confident we’ll never see a player make that much in a season for the White Sox...ever.

• Thanks 1

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

The 3rd year is only 17m, then, which means this a 2/85 deal.  He didn't get length, but he did get a deal where he sets two new salary records.

He did say he wanted one year deals. This is almost that. 

• Jose Abreu changed the title to Dodgers sign Bauer (3/102, opt-outs, 40-45-17)