Dodgers sign Bauer (3/102, opt-outs, 40-45-17)

Jose Abreu

9 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Why wouldn't they?

You're right, she only represents the reigning NL Cy Young Winner. 

Btw, Would you have this comment if it was a 30 year old man repping Bauer? Get the fuck out of here. 

Edited by kwill
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, kwill said:

Btw, Would you have this comment if it was a 30 year old man repping Bauer? Get the fuck out of here. 

Nice try Ms. Luba. You won't be winning over Soxtalk. We're team cheesy beef. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

14 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Nice try Ms. Luba. You won't be winning over Soxtalk. We're team cheesy beef. 

This made me chuckle. But seriously, the comment and thought process is very sexist. 

6 minutes ago, Quin said:

Hasn't Bauer been doing that from the start?

God forbid somebody have fun with being a free agency and bring some entertainment to baseball free agency. I know baseball does such a good job of promoting it on their own. 

Edited by kwill
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, kwill said:

It's a 🤡 show and costing him money everyday.

2 minutes ago, kwill said:

This made me chuckle. But seriously, the comment and thought process is very sexist. 

God forbid somebody have fun with being a free agency and bring some entertainment to baseball free agency. I know baseball does such a good job of promoting it on their own. 

I won't criticize a female ever again. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, kwill said:

Agreed. The offseason is so fucking boring, especially this one.

Maybe we’ll get lucky and land Bauer the same way that San Diego landed Machado. Not interested for most of the offseason because he’s out of our price range, but then when nobody else is really willing to pay, we swoop in and get him for much less than we originally thought he’d get. 

(Maybe a 1% chance 🤷)

Edited by SoxBlanco

8 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

Maybe we’ll get lucky and land Bauer the same way that San Diego landed Machado. Not interested for most of the offseason because he’s out of our price range, but then when nobody else is really willing to pay, we swoop in and get him for much less than we originally thought he’d get. 

(Maybe a 1% chance 🤷)

San Diego offered $300M dollars.

That's $30M guaranteed every year for 10 straight years, regardless of player performance or health.

Please re-examine your statement.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, YourWhatHurts said:

San Diego offered $300M dollars.

That's $30M guaranteed every year for 10 straight years, regardless of player performance or health.

Please re-examine your statement.

I don’t think it’ll actually happen (hence my 1% chance comment), but I stand by my statement. People thought Machado would get close to $400M at first. San Diego was not one of the teams in the mix until late. When they realized it would only take $300M, they jumped in and got him. 

Right now, people are saying Bauer wants $200M. The Sox aren’t interested. But if the price comes down and they realize they can get him on a 1 or 2 year deal or perhaps something in the $120M range, then maybe they make an offer. 

The comparison wasn’t meant to be dollar for dollar. It was describing the idea of staying away early because the price is too high but then coming in late when no other teams are making a serious push for him. 

Edited by SoxBlanco

14 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

(Maybe a 1% chance 🤷)

Stranger things have happened.  Bauer is a strange guy in a strange offseason situation.  Why shouldn't JR do something strange?

• Jose Abreu changed the title to Dodgers sign Bauer (3/102, opt-outs, 40-45-17)