Dodgers sign Bauer (3/102, opt-outs, 40-45-17)

Jose Abreu

21 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

If the white Sox were two games under .500 last season and shared the division with the dodgers and Padres, you believe that Bauer and a bat would be something you would consider a smart investment?  

I could only imagine the SF fan version of Balta melting the fuck down if they signed Bauer and....what bat is even available that could put them in contention for that third wild card?  Ozuna? 

this was the lineup the ran out there at the end of the season last year, who makes them a contender?  If Bauer wants to go there because he is gonna get paid handsomely, sure, but I don't think that team is poised to take a wild card spot when they have 38 games against the Padres and Dodgers every season.

You know why we do that here? Because when there is a top flight player on the market who fills our needs, we look the other way because they're too expensive. We have Adam Eaton instead of George Springer. I'm excited we got Hendricks because it actually was a top flight player, although still limited in contract because relief pitcher. 

Add Bauer and I promise to be into it. I get annoyed when we waste money on Adam Eatons because it doesn't take long for that money to add up to the point that it changes your roster for years and prevents us from competing for guys like Bauer or Springer (I counted $50 million or so wasted on 2019). If we start seeing Bauers on the market, realizing they're the best player, and going for them accordingly despite the price, because the franchise thinks "This team can win 100 games this year and this player will help", then that complaint will go away.

• Love 2

Just now, Balta1701 said:

You know why we do that here? Because when there is a top flight player on the market who fills our needs, we look the other way because they're too expensive. We have Adam Eaton instead of George Springer. I'm excited we got Hendricks because it actually was a top flight player, although still limited in contract because relief pitcher. 

Add Bauer and I promise to be into it. I get annoyed when we waste money on Adam Eatons because it doesn't take long for that money to add up to the point that it changes your roster for years and prevents us from competing for guys like Bauer or Springer (I counted $50 million or so wasted on 2019).

So you don't want to answer what I asked, instead you just want to project this on to b****ing about the Sox and saying that another team should make this move because they aren't the Sox and of course it will work out for them.

2 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

So you don't want to answer what I asked, instead you just want to project this on to b****ing about the Sox and saying that another team should make this move because they aren't the Sox and of course it will work out for them.

If I were a fan of the Giants, I would say that they probably can't win the world series without some luck, but I would like to see them adding players of that quality given that they have plenty of money to spend. 

Just don't waste your money adding a Richards or a Walker. They're not likely to put you over the top, and if you're not going to spend the money on a big name you're better off conserving it.

And yeah, with Ozuna I think that lineup can at least challenge for a 2nd wild card.

5 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Add Bauer and I promise to be into it. I get annoyed when we waste money on Adam Eatons because it doesn't take long for that money to add up to the point that it changes your roster for years and prevents us from competing for guys like Bauer or Springer (I counted $50 million or so wasted on 2019). If we start seeing Bauers on the market, realizing they're the best player, and going for them accordingly despite the price, because the franchise thinks "This team can win 100 games this year and this player will help", then that complaint will go away.

I admit I have been very pessimistic and negative about the way things are going.

But if we actually sign Bauer I will go wild. (But we won't)

Gotta think the most likely to least likely appears to be:

Tier 1:

1) Toronto Blue Jays

2) LA Angels

Tier 2:

3) NY Mets

4) LA Dodgers

5) SF Giants

Tier 3:

6) Chicago White Sox

All those rankings are pretty close. 

Toronto has an obvious need and money to apparently spend after missing out on Brantley. Almost feels like a sure thing that they will be involved. Question is if Bauer wants to go to Toronto.... not sure that he'd want that.

LA Angels have been the most logical landing spot for some time now. No word on if they are interested, but obvious need, have money, and have spent for big time players in the past. I assume Bauer likes LA.

Tier 2 features the teams with money. Mets and Dodgers both amazing ball clubs with tons of money, but both have no obvious need at SP. Dodgers are IN for a certain price, and that's all we really have heard about Bauer's market so far. Gotta hope that the White Sox have the balls to pick up Bauer before he reaches a spot where the Dodgers jump in. Giants don't make a lot of sense in the winning area, but I assume Bauer likes SF/LA/West coast from what I understand. 

Tier 3 our White sox have an obvious need and have room in the payroll to spend, but so far there's been 0 reason to think that JR & co. go out and spend the necessary big player money as we've never seen them hand out a contract this big and there's been no rumors so far. 

29 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I would think there are about 4-5 franchises that wouldn't swap rosters with the Sox right now. 

I agree there are things to be frustrated about, but if you can't "be into it" with the Sox current roster........My advice is find a new hobby. 

53 minutes ago, South Sider said:

Seeing as how this is likely Trevor Bauer and he is likely to make some YouTube video about going to various fan forums and making posts like this, here are some reasons:

1) From the fans perspective, the team appears to have a lot of fun playing the game of baseball. 
2) I would hope that any offers received from CWS are offers that are fair and reasonable to you. If so, that is a reason. 
3) Hungry, "prove it" fanbase. We will come watch you if you don't waste our time. 
4) Collaboration vids with TA7
5) Chicago is a cool city, obviously a lot of good food. 
6) You already know this, but The Rate is actually a really cool/nice park and massively underrated due to how crappy it looked when it was first built and because it's in the same city as Wrigley.
7) Division is competitive, even if Twins make no upgrades they will STILL be a pain. Us fans are licking our chops to keep them in 2nd/3rd place. You would be a great help to this. 
😎 As annoying as Minnesota and Cleveland might be, the road to divisional victory is not insanely competitive and you can expect to make the playoffs in some fashion because the team around you is pretty good too. 
9) Chance to stick it to your old team (if that is something that interests you)
10) If you sign here, we can keep Nick Madrigal and Codi Heuer. I guess if you don't sign here, that doesn't even matter to you. But if you do sign here, it is likely that the bullpen is better and that you have a 2B hitting .360 in your teams lineup.
11) This is a cool one.... a chance to help the White Sox earn a fairer share of Chicago baseball fanship. The Cubs have dominated this town for a long time, but now they are alienating their fanbase. You will never "convert" Cubs fans to Sox fans, but there are always generations of new fans to earn. Win a few generations and all of a sudden it's a Sox city again. Obviously, you won't be around long enough to win a few generations, but you can help get that ball rolling. 

(If you are not Trevor Bauer, well played)

It's not.

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

If the white Sox were two games under .500 last season and shared the division with the dodgers and Padres, you believe that Bauer and a bat would be something you would consider a smart investment?  

I could only imagine the SF fan version of Balta melting the fuck down if they signed Bauer and....what bat is even available that could put them in contention for that third wild card?  Ozuna? 

this was the lineup the ran out there at the end of the season last year, who makes them a contender?  If Bauer wants to go there because he is gonna get paid handsomely, sure, but I don't think that team is poised to take a wild card spot when they have 38 games against the Padres and Dodgers every season.

76F74A39-DA40-450D-856E-D5552EA7B428.jpeg

Goodness, I can only imagine what a San Francisco version of Balta would be like in the election thread/filibuster

• Thanks 1

It's interesting to note that crowdsource projections have Bauer signing a 3 year deal worth 87 million for 29.0 million per year.

I think it's fair to assume a little more than that, so something like 4/120 mil for 30 mill a year? That's not too crazy and maybe something the White Sox will do.

2 hours ago, Greek-konerko said:

Now are u all covinced that hahn and co tiying with us?all fas signing elsewhere with big $$$ and we soent 50 something on a closer.have fun watching that Circus,id rather watch san diego cause theyre serious about winning

Laugh as much as you can,all making moves and they even add q with 8 millions,have fun this year guys

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Jose Abreu changed the title to Dodgers sign Bauer (3/102, opt-outs, 40-45-17)