32 members have voted

1. 1. Who DHs to start the season?

• Collins
    • YERMIN!
    • Vaughn
    • Yermin/Collins platoon
    • Rotating DH
    • Other

Who ya got as our initial DH? I assume they will hold Vaughn down for some time. I'm going with Yermin/Collins honestly. Collins will be the backup catcher, so they will both be on the roster. 

Edited by Yearnin' for Yermin

The first few weeks don’t matter as long as Vaughn is ready to go. I will be livid if they trade or sign another DH type. 

Over the past decade, Avisal Garcia (0.9) is the only White Sox primary DH with a positive bWAR during their White Sox career. Davidson and Garcia the only two without prohibitive contracts for AAA player production (Parrot, Alonso, LaRoche, Dunn).

For the back end of the season its a combo of Vaughn/Abreu, but I think we'll see a rotating DH to start the year off as the Sox will be playing service time games with Vaughn to start the year. I don't see this team using their limited funds from JR for the DH. Any type of spending or player acquisition needs to go to RF, SP, and possibly the back end of the bullpen.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I think they let him have a full minor league season. 

Based on what we heard this season from various sources and outlets, it doesn't sound like this kid is going to need a full minor league season. If he's ready you bring him up. Even the FO was debating doing just that near the end of the year.

• Like 1

It would bei stupid to Bring up vaughn immediately because unless he signs an extension because then you could just as well have brought him up last September for the playoffs instead of EE.

I doubt vaughn has improved much between September and next spring so there is really no argument to think he is ready in April but wasn't in September.

• Like 2