Kyle Schwarber signs with Nationals: 1 year 10mil

Buehrle>Wood

Schwarber struggled (comically, at times) in LF.  Is there any thought he could play an even somewhat effective RF?

Robert would be running his ass off, and probably getting hurt, with Eloy in one corner and Schwarber in the other.

However, Schwarber could deposit quite a few baseballs onto the Goose Island.

Reasons to consider: 

Gives Vaughn an unpressurized timeline to play in AAA, allows depth in LF, gives a decent bat and an okay price. 

Reasons to pass:

He can't play RF, he's really not that good (aka I think you can find poor defense, .230BA and 25-35 HR in a lot of places), he doesn't have a home here, he doesn't make the team better. 

Schwarber as a DH placeholder until Vaughn is ready makes sense for the Sox in 2021.

-LH Bat

-Can play LF a couple times a week or everyday when Eloy hits the IL. (Quite frankly he's a better LF than Eloy but the Sox want to give Eloy the reps out there)

-No guarantee that Vaughn will be ready to be in the everyday lineup this year. 

Schwarber is not a perfect option but he does make sense on a cheap 1-year deal.  If Vaughn is ready and mashing at the MLB level, Schwarber will be expendable. But if Vaughn isn't ready to be hitting everyday for a team that expects to be in the World Series, there are worse DH options than Schwarber on a 1-year deal. 

I'm fine with it.

4 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

Schwarber as a DH placeholder until Vaughn is ready makes sense for the Sox in 2021.

-LH Bat

-Can play LF a couple times a week or everyday when Eloy hits the IL. (Quite frankly he's a better LF than Eloy but the Sox want to give Eloy the reps out there)

-No guarantee that Vaughn will be ready to be in the everyday lineup this year. 

Schwarber is not a perfect option but he does make sense on a cheap 1-year deal.  If Vaughn is ready and mashing at the MLB level, Schwarber will be expendable. But if Vaughn isn't ready to be hitting everyday for a team that expects to be in the World Series, there are worse DH options than Schwarber on a 1-year deal. 

I'm fine with it.

2 hours ago, 2Deep said:

Keep in mind.....Adam Engel would play 60-80 games in right and Schwarber can DH as needed. Adam would be a late game replacement. 

I'm in for Schwarber 

You guys are killing me.

14 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

I'm not saying he's option #1, but I'm curious who you think should be DH next season?

Ideally it's Vaughn, but that's no guarantee. Although I will say I am optimistic Vaughn will be a productive hitter in 2021.

Anyone who is a better OF option, and there's quite a few.