Kyle Schwarber signs with Nationals: 1 year 10mil

Buehrle>Wood

On 12/5/2020 at 7:24 AM, Flash said:

Mercedes might be at higher readiness level to DH at start of '21 than Vaughn. I'd certainly give him a chance.

Mercedes must be the most underrated player in baseball.  Never see him mentioned as a possible DH...not even as trade bait.

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

If the Sox want to sign Joc and Schwarber this year, that would be cool

It would be a really good idea honestly. With the NL DH news it also seems pretty possible. That Schwarbs can play a passable outfield is helpful with vaughn.

BA also had vaughn as likely to be in minors for most of year, so at this point I do think DH is a place we should use the market to really balance our RHP.

6 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Lol wuhht? I didnt know Kyle was a ticket broker in his spare time, because that's the only way he could sell tickets anywhere.

We could prolly get both Joc and Schwarber for around 18m-19m combined in terms of 2021 payroll. That's alot of mega LH power for not a ton of money. 

If they can make the musical chairs game work in terms of LF/DH/1B with Eloy, Schwarber, Abreu and Vaughn, the lineup would be armed to the teeth.

Edited by SoCalChiSox

3 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

We could prolly get both Joc and Schwarber for around 18m-19m combined in terms of 2021 payroll. That's alot of mega LH power for not a ton of money. 

If they can make the musical chairs game work in terms of LF/DH/1B with Eloy, Schwarber, Abreu and Vaughn, the lineup would be armed to the teeth.

Schwarber stinks. 

I absolutely hate the justification for signing a lesser hitter just because he hits from one side of the plate. 

Especially when lefites are the ones who often times are completely worthless vs other lefties.

8 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

With McCann as good as gone and less need to work his bat into the order as DH and no longer carrying 3 catchers on the roster, I can definitely see this musical chairs working to replace McCann's and EE's at bats.

And hey, Schwarber can serve as our emergency catcher (if Tim Anderson doesn't have something to say about it).

1 minute ago, runtheballdown said:

As much as I liked Jim thome I can remember most of the time when he came up to bat in the later innings in a key situation that the other team brought in their lefty and it was usually a strikeout.

It would be worse than thome with schwarber. He’s brutal.

Take. That.

4 minutes ago, runtheballdown said:

As much as I liked Jim thome I can remember most of the time when he came up to bat in the later innings in a key situation that the other team brought in their lefty and it was usually a strikeout.

And then you put him between some of our guys who smash LHP and get an advantage.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, runtheballdown said:

Imagine if “being worse than Thome” disqualified you from joining a team lol

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, almagest said:

Schwarber as DH/LF makes sense on a 1 year deal. On the position player side, I'd be content with:

Anderson SS

Moncada 3B

Grandal C/1B/DH

Abreu 1B/DH

Jimenez LF/DH

Robert CF

Pederson or JBJ + Engel RF/CF/LF

Madrigal 2B

Hell no to Grandal in the top 4 of the order going forward