Rodon and Mazara Non-Tendered

KrankinSox

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

That’s why he’s finally gone though.  Just got to hope Katz can still save Cease.

I hope Kopech can return to the land of high promise along with Cease.  Lopez could be useful if he changes his tempo and learns how to throws strikes.  I have high hope that Katz can work some magic with this staff.  Coop once had the touch but seems to have lost it.

2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

With the tone from Rodon's wife, I would be kind of surprised if we re-engage him,  I wouldn't mind a cheap deal for Mazara.

Ashley is staying with the Sox as Social Media Director. 

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

Fulmer was due to shit luck more than anything else. Sometimes, a college or HS pitcher's stuff backs up significantly going from starting once a week to every 5 days. Nobody knows who those guys are, and unfortunately for the Sox, Fulmer was one of those guys. It happens in every draft, to a few teams, even in the 1st round. 

Fulmer had a violent, non-repeatable, delivery such that the chances of him backing up in the pros were very high.  Everyone/team/scout knew that his delivery would have to be smoothed out for him to succeed.  His upside was never worth the risk.

Rodon, honestly, never seemed like he was all that interested being a major league pitcher. I hope things change for him elsewhere.

Edited by GreenSox

42 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

Fulmer had a violent, non-repeatable, delivery such that the chances of him backing up in the pros were very high.  Everyone/team/scout knew that his delivery would have to be smoothed out for him to succeed.  His upside was never worth the risk.

Rodon, honestly, never seemed like he was all that interested being a major league pitcher. I hope things change for him elsewhere.

I mean every scout knew, which is why he was projected as a concensus 1st round pick.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

To be fair, the reply in that first tweet was to someone who has gone out of his way to talk shit to Rodon on multiple platforms (also to Welington Castillo, but that's besides the point). Went after him on an Instagram family pic before (and publicized it like it was cool), and whatever was said here. I don't blame her for lashing out at this idiot.

• Thanks 2

My clearest memory of Rodon is when he and agent Scott Boras ripped off the Sox in initial negotiations and  tried to rip them off even more.  Sox should have just walked away after giving him initial slotted offer and taken the extra pick the next year.  Instead, Sox caved and paid him over slot, and Boros tried to get even more, which would have put team in some kind of penalty box.  I'm glad he's gone.  I don't remember exact details, but you get the picture.

2 hours ago, Sleepy Harold said:

To be fair, the reply in that first tweet was to someone who has gone out of his way to talk shit to Rodon on multiple platforms (also to Welington Castillo, but that's besides the point). Went after him on an Instagram family pic before (and publicized it like it was cool), and whatever was said here. I don't blame her for lashing out at this idiot.

How dare you provide context.

• Haha 1