Rodon and Mazara Non-Tendered

KrankinSox

Given that Mazara still is young and talented, I wouldn't mind him around on a minor league deal and as an injury reserve for Eloy and whoever our new RF is. But I'm guessing some team will give him a starting chance first. 

I don't know what Rodon was going to make but he wasn't and isn't worth it until he proves he can succeed. Yeah, he's had injuries, but when he is healthy he hasn't been great. For a lower price, I would love to see if he can put it together now that his major injuries are (hopefully) behind him. 

22 minutes ago, fathom said:

No, but the inability of Cooper to get anything out of these guys is infuriating.

You really assign that much value to a pitching coach? Rodon was constantly hurt. Fulmer was flaming out in the minors. Cease is still a kid and Lopez always had red flags and a live arm. Cooper's obviously a mixed bag, but I wouldn't look at any of those 4 pitchers and place the blame on a single person as their issues were all unique. Hell, Cooper spent so little time with Fulmer that he probably doesn't remember his name. 

2 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

You really assign that much value to a pitching coach? Rodon was constantly hurt. Fulmer was flaming out in the minors. Cease is still a kid and Lopez always had red flags and a live arm. Cooper's obviously a mixed bag, but I wouldn't look at any of those 4 pitchers and place the blame on a single person as their issues were all unique. Hell, Cooper spent so little time with Fulmer that he probably doesn't remember his name. 

It’s his job to get the most out of the pitchers.  I felt he tried too hard to make every pitcher into the same type of guy.