Sign in to follow this  
KrankinSox

Rodon and Mazara Non-Tendered

2 hours ago, Sleepy Harold said:

To be fair, the reply in that first tweet was to someone who has gone out of his way to talk shit to Rodon on multiple platforms (also to Welington Castillo, but that's besides the point). Went after him on an Instagram family pic before (and publicized it like it was cool), and whatever was said here. I don't blame her for lashing out at this idiot.

She can defend her husband and family, that is fine. But the part about him being a starter for certain, and thinking he is a reliever means you're delusional is a bit much at this point. 

17 hours ago, poppysox said:

Coop once had the touch but seems to have lost it.

He'd been around for soooooo long...it was inevitable the game would move beyond him.  This is especially true with an "old school" guy like Coop who never really committed to new technologies, strategies, and pitching theories.  Ya know, kind of like the 93yo manager we just hired.  

I'm expecting Katz to reinvigorate a career or two in short order.  He's hungry, is "new school", and has been empowered by the FO to do whatever needs to be done.  Love it.

1 minute ago, mmmmmbeeer said:

He'd been around for soooooo long...it was inevitable the game would move beyond him.  This is especially true with an "old school" guy like Coop who never really committed to new technologies, strategies, and pitching theories.  Ya know, kind of like the 93yo manager we just hired.  

I'm expecting Katz to reinvigorate a career or two in short order.  He's hungry, is "new school", and has been empowered by the FO to do whatever needs to be done.  Love it.

Or the team that got to the ALCS after losing their top 2 pitchers and their stud manager

1 hour ago, mmmmmbeeer said:

I was like everyone else, stunned when they dumped Coop. But it was time. You look at Lopez, he's not getting better. I think they were afraid of the same thing happening to Cease, and perhaps Kopech. Of course there were injuries, but Rodon didn't really develop.  Giolito got better, but went to outside help, ironically, Coop's replacement. They all said the right things, but it was pretty obivous, a change was needed.

Edited by Dick Allen

22 hours ago, fathom said:

Why would you want Mazara back?

Because we are not getting Springer.