Len Kasper is new White Sox radio play by play announcer

3 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Benetti and Len Kasper are two of the best play by play guys in sports. We're lucky as fans to have them both calling games for the Sox. Wow.

I would bet in a few years, Benetti moves up in the world and Kasper takes the TV gig. Meanwhile, it’s a nice problem to have for now.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

I would bet in a few years, Benetti moves up in the world and Kasper takes the TV gig. Meanwhile, it’s a nice problem to have for now.

Benetti can be as good as he wants to be. If his goal is to become a Joe Buck or Al Michaels, it's going to happen. But my hope is that with him growing up a Sox fan and there being no sports alternative in the summer he's calling Sox games for many decades to come.

If Bennetti goes I will be so happy.  The sooner he's out of here the better.

Re: Kasper, I like him, but he's more the national type than the typical Chicago-style homer.  On the radio I think he might work very well.

I like the guy who does the PBP for the Charlotte Knights games.  He would be an excellent replacement for Bennetti.  Also I liked the guy who did some of the Sox ST games last year.  I bet there are lots of good PBP guys in MiLB that can focus on the game of baseball properly.  Bennetti is such a dork.  And all his big calls suck.  I'm not going to rant about this but seriously, if he has any aspirations of increasing his national time, great, go do it, good riddance, GTFO of here already.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 2
  • Fire 1