Len Kasper is new White Sox radio play by play announcer

Also not to sidetrack this but cable tv packages really need to be ala carte already.  I didn't want to pay the extra few dollars for Marquee anyway, but now?  There's really no reason to force people to have channels they don't want, especially when it's just a bunch of garbage.  Cubs baseball the next 2-3 years is going to be absolute garbage IMO.  Like they're pre-rebuild Sox but without the horses in the rotation.  Watch them trade Bryant for the equivalent of Brett Lawrie.

• Like 1

LMAO this is hilarious. Texted my buddy who is a Cubs fan this just now. We both have met Kasper. Very nice guy (funny thing is I am not a big fan of his as an announcer while he raves about him). He is pissed. :lol:

Edited by SoxAce
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, SouthWallace said:

I find Len Kasper to be an insufferable listen.  The tv voice of the team I hate the most now doing radio for my favorite team.  The 2020 offseason keeps getting more wonderful day by day.   

14 minutes ago, SouthWallace said:

I can't even take devious pleasure that this angers Cubs fans.  Len Kasper is the worst.  Fuck ESPN. 

R

E

L

A

X

• Like 2

Just now, fathom said:

How can anyone complain about Sox radio after what we had to listen to last decade?  

It’s a fantastic hire by both 1000 and the White Sox. He’s a great broadcaster and to your point, Farmer and DJ were just not an enjoyable listen. 

The Sox have put together a very, VERY strong broadcasting lineup. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Fire 2

Lol Len is not a national type. He belongs At a Single A affiliate in Mississippi. I always told cubs fans that the only people that like Lynn are diehard cubs fans and/or stat nerds. 

he doesnt fit the white Sox mold at all.

I used to see him at a bagel shopping glencoe and just cringe. He’s a real weirdo that appears to get a job if he sucks up to the right people and doesn’t cost a lot. 

the-only good thing is that this sticks it to the majority of cub fans who would enjoy a toaster announcing their game as they defecate on themselves after eating six bigmacs and wash it down with a gallon of Ronnie woo woo saliva.

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 2

1 hour ago, YourWhatHurts said:

If Bennetti goes I will be so happy.  The sooner he's out of here the better.

Re: Kasper, I like him, but he's more the national type than the typical Chicago-style homer.  On the radio I think he might work very well.

I like the guy who does the PBP for the Charlotte Knights games.  He would be an excellent replacement for Bennetti.  Also I liked the guy who did some of the Sox ST games last year.  I bet there are lots of good PBP guys in MiLB that can focus on the game of baseball properly.  Bennetti is such a dork.  And all his big calls suck.  I'm not going to rant about this but seriously, if he has any aspirations of increasing his national time, great, go do it, good riddance, GTFO of here already.

I agree on Bennett I. He is not as snarky and bad as he was but still not good. I love DJ so maybe put radio to tv and watch it that way. I hope benetti moves on to greener pastures. 

6 hours ago, YourWhatHurts said:

Re: Kasper, I like him, but he's more the national type than the typical Chicago-style homer.  On the radio I think he might work very well.

I like the guy who does the PBP for the Charlotte Knights games.  He would be an excellent replacement for Bennetti.  Also I liked the guy who did some of the Sox ST games last year.  I bet there are lots of good PBP guys in MiLB that can focus on the game of baseball properly.  Bennetti is such a dork.  And all his big calls suck.  I'm not going to rant about this but seriously, if he has any aspirations of increasing his national time, great, go do it, good riddance, GTFO of here already.

Dude, his last name is Benetti.

5 hours ago, fathom said:

How can anyone complain about Sox radio after what we had to listen to last decade?  

Exactly, Farmio and DJ were okay and Masur and DJ were kind of awkward together when I listened in last year. I would even go so far to get rid of DJ if he doesn’t pair well with Kasper. The radio booth hasn’t been great since Rooney and Farmer.

5 hours ago, Tony said:

It’s a fantastic hire by both 1000 and the White Sox. He’s a great broadcaster and to your point, Farmer and DJ were just not an enjoyable listen. 

The Sox have put together a very, VERY strong broadcasting lineup. 

Agreed. Although when I read Kasper was moving to radio play by play I wondered if he would miss TV play by play, but maybe this is a new challenge he seeks. He was one of the few bright spots in the Cubs broadcasting lineup and I am thrilled he is in the White Sox both. Having him and Benetti at play by play is awesome. Now if they could lure some Cubs players like Quintana that would kick ass.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, YourWhatHurts said:

This is garbage 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 2
  • Fire 3

7 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

😬

What’s funny is there is some truth to this?  Part of being a Cubs fan was the desire to be there when they finally ended the drought?  Now that losing may not be so lovable and with a highly likable / competing Sox club (ignoring TLR), the sides could really shift in Chicago if the Ricketts aren’t careful.

5 hours ago, mqr said:

Really interested to hear what DJ is like without an old stalwart who dominated the broadcast, or a guy who never felt comfortable

DJ always sounded more polished on national tv so maybe this is good.

That said I always liked DJ and was disappointed what a jerk he was to Masur. After the way hawk treated DJ it was pretty ridiculous he was acting the same way.

• Like 1