Brandon Woodruff
Christian Yelich

Brewers Get Tons of Salary relief and: 
Vaughn
Cease
Dunning
Collins
Adolfo

I am going to guess with the Cubs seeming to take some steps backwards, both Milwaukee and St Louis won't be selling at the very least.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I am going to guess with the Cubs seeming to take some steps backwards, both Milwaukee and St Louis won't be selling at the very least.

Yeah and while Yelich was bad last year, if I were a GM/owner, I'd be willing to give guys a pass in this weird pandemic shortened season.

Edited by manbearpuig
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

being in a new league and a full spring training would be hopeful for a rebound. His outfielding would be great and he can still be a DH towards the end of the contract. It was the weirdest trade I could think of that benefits both teams and fills immediate needs for the Sox. Sign Brantley as DH, a backup catcher and the offseason is over. 

Edited by EloyJenkins

25 minutes ago, YourWhatHurts said:

holy shit that's bad

Sox could probably get him just for taking on his contract.  They can have Bernardo Flores.  Why would we want this guy anyway?  Are we trying to get worse?  Just start Dunning, he's already here and isn't making $17M next year.

His contract is one year with an option so it's really not that bad, but if he performs then you can hang out to him for 4 more years at a reasonable price. He improved across the board last year and I can get if you think that's just small sample, but his batted ball data also drastically improved. Much better K/9, HR%, GB% in 2020 than 2019. The only reason his ERA was so high was because his strand rate was the third worst in baseball among pitchers with at least 40 IP and his HR rate was 10th best in baseball. Just an anomaly, really. He's a guy I think you can buy low on from a bad team that is likely trying to cut costs.

I don't think the White Sox are really giving up anything of value here, but you may be right that they could offer less or maybe ask for $3 or $4 million in the deal.

15 minutes ago, TomPickle said:

His contract is one year with an option so it's really not that bad, but if he performs then you can hang out to him for 4 more years at a reasonable price. He improved across the board last year and I can get if you think that's just small sample, but his batted ball data also drastically improved. Much better K/9, HR%, GB% in 2020 than 2019. The only reason his ERA was so high was because his strand rate was the third worst in baseball among pitchers with at least 40 IP and his HR rate was 10th best in baseball. Just an anomaly, really. He's a guy I think you can buy low on from a bad team that is likely trying to cut costs.

I don't think the White Sox are really giving up anything of value here, but you may be right that they could offer less or maybe ask for $3 or $4 million in the deal.

I'm with you.

From 2019 to 2020, Kikuchi's:

K% went from 16% to 25%

FB Velocity went from 92.5 to 95 mph

doubled the whiff % on his fastball

cut his barrel % in half, increased his GB% over 50%

His ERA was over 5, his FIP was 3.3, his xERA was 3.17.

I do think you could get him for less, but if he pitches to his true numbers last year you end up with an affordable contract you hold for next 4 years.

17 minutes ago, turnin' two said:

Madrigal, Cease, Dunning and Collins for Bogaerts, Eovaldi and some cash.  

You play Bogaerts at 2B. 

You'd lose bogaerts next year and be paying him a lot this year. I don't mind Eovaldi flyer, say we don't give up that much pitching. We'd get to use Eovaldi as he was when he was his most vlauable to the red sox.

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Is this one of those specific target threads we have to use now instead of the off season targets thread that was closed ? That's 2 threads recently closed where it was just people talking to people about stuff stemming from baseball discussions.

Lot of people can't distinguish Madden/2K/The Show from reality

19 minutes ago, bmags said:

I'm with you.

From 2019 to 2020, Kikuchi's:

K% went from 16% to 25%

FB Velocity went from 92.5 to 95 mph

doubled the whiff % on his fastball

cut his barrel % in half, increased his GB% over 50%

His ERA was over 5, his FIP was 3.3, his xERA was 3.17.

I do think you could get him for less, but if he pitches to his true numbers last year you end up with an affordable contract you hold for next 4 years.

Sounds like left handed Javy Vazquez. He's the guy I bring up constantly for pitchers that consistently underperform their peripherals. 

Edited by Jack Parkman