Joc Pederson: How long will he be a future White Sox?

Y2Jimmy0

1 minute ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Well this thread has been detailed. My goodness 

Thank for the article, James. What are your thoughts on what Joc/Engel could put up next year numbers wise compared to Springer? I think Joc/Engel could put up something around an .850 OPS, with Springer being around .900.

18 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Well this thread has been detailed. My goodness 

Just weird to see the guy who tweeted this carrying water for not spending on premium free agents again by justifying a Pederson signing. 

And yes I read where it was justified behind "if they sign big money pitcher" but one besides Bauer does not exist, and you know all the well the White Sox aren't signing Trevor Bauer.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

5 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Just weird to see the guy who tweeted this carrying water for not spending on premium free agents again by justifying a Pederson signing. 

And yes I read where it was justified behind "if they sign big money pitcher" but one besides Bauer does not exist, and you know all the well the White Sox aren't signing Trevor Bauer.

Again, wait until the ship has set sail before you bash the captain. This is a rather rudimentary concept you are not willing to accept. The fact you can't see that that is all some of us are doing is just ignorant. You just keep ignoring that and putting words in peoples' mouths.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

When do u think Joc will get signed? Is he just waiting for Springer first so that the rest of the market will then rush to him or is there a chance he signs early?

If the Sox sign Joc early and they end up being serious about Springer/Bauer they can still do that. Joc isn't going to cost that much so there's a silver lining in any scenario, at least.

57 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

Quick question on WAR:

How much does playing RF vs CF affect a player's WAR?  If a guy puts up a 5 WAR season playing CF all year, what would his WAR be (approximately) playing RF with the same offensive numbers?

Part of that depends on how relatively well that player plays each position. Adam Eaton was a below average CF, but an elite RF, so his WAR was better as a RF.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

No, im railing against fans selling a Joc pederson signing as a good thing. 

Hilarious thing is this forum has repeatedly told me I make excuses for the front office lol. Turns out you guys are the one cheering on another cheap signingl

Pretty sure we made fun of you for making excuses for the coaching staff.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Dude...you're a fucking clown. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 1
  • Fire 9

3 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Cmon man, James doesn’t work for the White Sox or NBC. He is a regular guy like you and I who has friends in high places. He has no reason to carry water. That’s a little absurd to accuse him of doing. He has not stopped dissing Jerry for the La Russa signing. You have defended Rick Hahn and Renteria numerous times but I wouldn’t say you are carrying water. If you want to see someone carry water listen to Chuck Garfein.

4 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Cmon man why do you have to bash James like that? I think maybe it’s good idea for you to take a break from Soxtalk for a couple days to cool the jets. 

Edited by maloney.adam
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Cmon man, James doesn’t work for the White Sox or NBC. He is a regular guy like you and I who has friends in high places. He has no reason to carry water. That’s a little absurd to accuse him of doing. He has not stopped dissing Jerry for the La Russa signing. You have defended Rick Hahn and Renteria numerous times but I wouldn’t say you are carrying water. If you want to see someone carry water listen to Chuck Garfein.

Seriously, James has taken plenty of shots at Jerry, the front office, the coaching staff, and the players.  Accusing him of “carrying water” or whatever the phrase is laughable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maloney.adam said:

Cmon man why do you have to bash James like that? I think maybe it’s good idea for you to take a break from Soxtalk for a couple days to cool the jets. 

my goodness, i think you guys need to take a break.

i'm busting the guys balls. he's been relentlessly blasting Jerry, and saying the Sox should sign Springer. I get that's what he wants to do. I also get that he has a job that causes him to write things, and sometimes you write things just to write them. 

Saying Joc is fine if we sign Bauer is obvious, but also 100% not happening so the article was just what it was. The Sox aren't investing at the top end of the pitching market so signing Joc will suck because it means the money won't be spent on high end targets for the third off-season in a row.

1 hour ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Dude...you're a fucking clown. 

😂

And your skin is as thick as a razorblade. Amazing, honestly.

Keep attacking anyone who doesn't always pat you on the back buddy, it's hilarious to watch. Not only can't you take a little joke, but you spaz out every single time. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

😂

Keep attacking anyone who doesn't always pat you on the back buddy, it's hilarious to watch. Not only can't you take a little joke, but you spaz out every single time. 

These “insiders” have an inflated sense of self importance. Not talking about Jimmy specifically, just in general. 

• Thanks 1

Why don’t you put your real name on it? Keyboard Warrior. 

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Found this picture of James moving up in the ranks 

HkqnHPY.png

15 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

😂

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

6 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

These “insiders” have an inflated sense of self importance. Not talking about Jimmy specifically, just in general. 

I honestly have zero problem with the guy, he honestly seems like a nice guy just doing something he enjoys and enjoying his time doing it. Also think he's a teacher/coach - solid individual all around.

I just find it hilarious how sensitive and passive aggressive he typically is with anyone who disagrees with him - especially me as of late. And the name calling is just comical. He'll figure it out eventually that I'm just busting on him as I would anyone else around here - Chicago White Sox and I have been busting on each other since the day I got here but he seems to get it.

2 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Why don’t you put your real name on it? Keyboard Warrior. 

My name is Erik Johnson, Y2Jimmy. 

I have posted my website here before and articles I have written; also posted plenty about my background. I have no idea what this means, but you really need to take a step back and relax pal. None of this is that serious.

Last thing I'll say in this thread:

If you write things for public consumption... post something on a public message board... expect to have people who disagree and present counter arguments. If the worst thing someone calls you on the internet in your public life is a joking comment about you carrying an organizations water then consider yourself blessed. I certainly would never call you say... "A fucking clown" or something....

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I honestly have zero problem with the guy, he honestly seems like a nice guy just doing something he enjoys and enjoying his time doing it. Also think he's a teacher/coach - solid individual all around.

I just find it hilarious how sensitive and passive aggressive he typically is with anyone who disagrees with him - especially me as of late. And the name calling is just comical.

You don’t know me very well if you accuse me of carrying water for the organization. I wrote the article about the propogandic arm of the team carrying water after Machado. I’d love Springer. They’ve offered him a deal. Pederson seems more likely to me at this point so I wrote about Pederson. Springer is a luxury item that the Sox don’t need. They should sign him anyway but I don’t think signing Joc Pederson instead is a bad move. We can disagree. They can have a good offseason without having a home run offseason. I don’t need praise. I don’t give a shit. You’re entitled to your opinions but not your own facts. Do some research before calling me out. I can handle it if it’s fair. I wrote about the Sox as a hobby. I’ve never pretended to be an insider either. So it’s all good. I’m glad I created some discussion today. 

2 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

😂

Your lack of self-awareness is almost Trumpian. Telling someone to stop acting passive aggressive (who really isn't) while you are being passive aggressive.

Edited by RagahRagah
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 2