Joc Pederson: How long will he be a future White Sox?

Y2Jimmy0

1 minute ago, GreenSox said:

Engel has improved his bat each of the last 2 year.

He has a career 689 ops vs lefties. Please spare me the small sample arguments. I wrote a piece about engels changes last year - I'm a fan of his. If ne plays a lot he will be exposed and should be relied on as a 4th outfielder. Thats it. Expecting him to perform vs a lefties all year in a playoff hunt is classic white sox.

3 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

So I guess we're not getting springer lol.

This team is a joke honestly. Never play in the big kids pool.

Sox have two real holes and they're gonna plug them with bargain deals. Its embarrassing sox fans are excited or ok with this. 

Jimmy been telling us the Sox been in on springer. Now selling us on joc. Lol

Joc is a solid player. I'm fine with him being our RF if we sign Bauer because then we don't need that much offensive production out of that spot. But we can't honestly expect the Sox to sign Bauer AND Springer. Now, if we sign neither and end up with Joc, then yeah... I'm with you. But making it out like signing Joc in any scenario is a joke is a false narrative. You're ignoring a lot of factors and not thinking straight as you keep spewing these overly aggressive hot takes. 

Edited by RagahRagah
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Great im not gonna celebrate a Joc bargain bin signing though, certainly not gonna let people pretend to sell me that it's almost the same as springer while saying engel will play a lot lol. Sox fans love pain and misery. Justification for every awful move. 

So should they be pissed at a move such as Joc then? This team has clear salary restrictions. We cant sign the big dogs. Joc is as good as it gets in the clearance isle.

So goes the life of a White Sox fan....

9 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Great im not gonna celebrate a Joc bargain bin signing though, certainly not gonna let people pretend to sell me that it's almost the same as springer while saying engel will play a lot lol. Sox fans love pain and misery. Justification for every awful move. 

Springer: 556 PA, 39 HR, 0.974 OPS, 156 wRC+

Joc/Engel: 553 PA, 38 HR, 0.907 OPS, 135 wRC+

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

Joc is a solid player. I'm fine with him being our RF if we sign Bauer because then we don't need that much offensive production out of that spot. But we can't honestly expect the Sox to sign Bauer AND Springer. Now, if we sign neither and end up with Joc, then yeah... I'm with you. But making it out like signing Joc in any scenario is a joke is a false narrative. You're ignoring a lot of factors and not thinking straight as you keep spewing these overly aggressive hot takes. 

They're not signing bauer, you guys have lost your mind. If they wont pay for the position player they wont pay for a sp. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

Elaborate please. What are you laughing at?

Your cherry picked evaluation of the comparison. Your convenient cut off. Why don't you show me the past three years. 

Here's one for you, since 2018 Joc and engel have played in 608 games and accumulated 7.3 fWAR.

Springer has played in 313 games in that same window and accumulated 11.3 fWAR.

Hes played nearly half the games and has 4 more WAR. You guys have lost your minds 

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

8 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

They're not signing bauer, you guys have lost your mind. If they wont pay for the position player they wont pay for a sp. 

You keep extrapolating things people aren't saying. That's a side effect of hot takes. You really need to stop.

I don't expect them to sign Bauer. I'm saying *if.* Put it this way: there are scenarios where signing Joc is acceptable and even a good move. I don't expect any of those moves to necessarily happen, and in fact I've been telling a lot of people there's little reason to think they will, but you still have to wait and stop acting like the offseason has already happened. If the Sox get no top FA players and sign Joc, I'll be the first to rip Reinsdorf a new asshole but doing it now before anything has even been done just needs to stop. It's one thing to be pessimistic but you're being so pompous about this that if the Sox actually pull off one of these guys you are going to look silly and get ripped and it will be justified. Being wrong is fine, but being wrong while looking like an asshole is another thing.

Calm your ass down.

Edited by RagahRagah
  • Like 1

Just now, RagahRagah said:

You keep extrapolating things people aren't saying. That's a side effect of hot takes. You really need to stop.

I don't expect them to sign Bauer. I'm saying *if.* Put it this way: there are scenarios where signing Joc is acceptable and even a good move. I don't expect any of those moves to necessarily happen, and in fact I've been telling a lot of people there's little reason to think they will, but you still have to wait and stop acting like the offseason has already happened. If the Sox get no top FA players and sign Joc, I'll be the first to rip Reinsdorf a new asshole but doing it now before anything has even been done just needs to stop. It's one thing to be pessimistic but you're being so pompous about this that if the Sox actually pull off one of these guys you are going to look silly and get ripped and it will be justified.

Calm your ass down.

There are zero scenarios where the sox sign pederson and have the off season they should have. 

The only hot takes are the clowns trying to win the Value Series. 

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

There are zero scenarios where the sox sign pederson and have the off season they should have. 

Are you ok dude? You're railing against fans for being realistic about how much the Sox will spend. Of course we would want Springer and Bauer, but it ain't happening. 

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Yes, there is. I just fucking mentioned it. If the Sox sign Bauer, it's actually a great move. That's an offseason they should have.

If you're so convinced the Sox will not add top starting pitching, fine. It's expected. But wait until it doesn't happen before you act like a jackass to everyone here. Because if we do sign Bauer, I'm sure as shit gonna come back at you and rip you. Not for being wrong, but for being a dickhead. Quit while you're ahead.

Edited by RagahRagah

1 minute ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Are you ok dude? You're railing against fans for being realistic about how much the Sox will spend. Of course we would want Springer and Bauer, but it ain't happening. 

No, im railing against fans selling a Joc pederson signing as a good thing. 

Hilarious thing is this forum has repeatedly told me I make excuses for the front office lol. Turns out you guys are the one cheering on another cheap signingl

2 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

Yes, there is. I just fucking mentioned it. If the Sox sign Bauer, it's actually a great move.

If you're so convinced the Sox will not add top starting pitching, fine. It's expected. But wait until it doesn't happen before you act like a jackass to everyone here. Because if we do sign Bauer, I'm sure as shit gonna come back at you and rip you. Not for being wrong, but for being a dickhead. Quit while you're ahead.

I live in reality buddy, you live on another planet apparently.

Oh no, someone on the internet is gonna rip me. How will I ever recover.

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I live in reality buddy, you live on another planet apparently.

Oh no, someone on the internet is gonna rip me. How will I ever recover.

You're just basically advertising loudly that you're an asshole right now.

I said that I don't expect it. At all. You clearly don't fucking listen. You keep making these absurd assumptions that I keep invalidating and yet you continue to make them. But I'm going to be smart and wait until it doesn't happen rather than make assumptions and lose some of my dignity. I can see why your rep is what it is now.

Edited by RagahRagah
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

He has a career 689 ops vs lefties. Please spare me the small sample arguments. I wrote a piece about engels changes last year - I'm a fan of his. If ne plays a lot he will be exposed and should be relied on as a 4th outfielder. Thats it. Expecting him to perform vs a lefties all year in a playoff hunt is classic white sox.

A lefty platoon is what, 160-180 PAs? Hardly exposed. 

3 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Your cherry picked evaluation of the comparison. Your convenient cut off. Why don't you show me the past three years. 

Here's one for you, since 2018 Joc and engel have played in 608 games and accumulated 7.3 fWAR.

Springer has played in 313 games in that same window and accumulated 11.3 fWAR.

Hes played nearly half the games and has 4 more WAR. You guys have lost your minds 

I like how in a span of 15 minutes, you talk about how you like the changes Engel has made, but then you’re not a fan of “cherry picking” the most recent full season played. Cherry picking would be selecting a random year a few years ago that benefits my argument. 

Did you happen to notice that the year I used for Springer was by far his best? Why didn’t you have an issue with me cherry picking that year?

Edited by SoxBlanco
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RagahRagah said:

You're just basically advertising loudly that you're an asshole right now. And you clearly don't fucking listen.

I said that I don't expect it. At all. But I'm going to be smart and wait until it doesn't happen rather than make assumptions and lose some of my dignity. I can see why your rep is what it is now.

The only person here swearing and getting personal is you pal. Get a grip of yourself.

Sox haven't done something for 120 years but the smart thing to do is make sure they don't it one more time before assuming they wont lol. Great take. 

Just now, SoxBlanco said:

I like how in a span of 15 minutes, you talk about how you like the changes Engel has made, but then you’re not a fan of “cherry picking” the most reason full season played. Cherry picking would be selecting a random year a few years ago that benefits my argument. 

Did you happen to notice that the year I used for Springer was by far his best? Why didn’t you have an issue with me cherry picking that year?

Engel reverted back to his same bad habits last year as the season went on. The more he'll play the more he'll get exposed. He's just not a good hitter. Too many bad habits.

I used a three year sample. Its not a close comparison. Portraying it as such is statistically dishonest.

4 minutes ago, bmags said:

A lefty platoon is what, 160-180 PAs? Hardly exposed. 

Of course it exposes him. Those aren't the only times he'd play. He's also the back up outfielder. If he's a platoon he'll get 250-300ish abs. You guys can bank on adam Engel. I'll go ahead and ask for a true starting right fielder. Joc had a chance of being complete and utter trash too.

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Engel reverted back to his same bad habits last year as the season went on. The more he'll play the more he'll get exposed. He's just not a good hitter. Too many bad habits.

I used a three year sample. Its not a close comparison. Portraying it as such is statistically dishonest.

Adam Engel Sept/Oct wRC+ was 135

4 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

I like how in a span of 15 minutes, you talk about how you like the changes Engel has made, but then you’re not a fan of “cherry picking” the most reason full season played. Cherry picking would be selecting a random year a few years ago that benefits my argument. 

You selected that year because its the only year the argument is even close for the point your making. That's why it has no statistical integrity.

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Of course it exposes him. Those aren't the only times he'd play. He's also the back up outfielder. If he's a platoon he'll get 250-300ish abs. You guys can bank on adam Engel. I'll go ahead and ask for a true starting right fielder. Joc had a chance of being complete and utter trash too.

They have Garcia too.

7 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

The only person here swearing and getting personal is you pal. Get a grip of yourself.

Sox haven't done something for 120 years but the smart thing to do is make sure they don't it one more time before assuming they wont lol. Great take. 

Because you don't listen. You keep casting stones for things people aren't even saying. Yeah, nothing ever changes until it does. I don't expect it to, but I'm open to the possibility. You said there is no scenario where Joc signing here is good. You're 100% wrong, period and I explained the scenario. You make a false claim that a high contract will never be paid here to try to make yourself right when you aren't. Highly unlikely doesn't mean it can't happen, and until it does or doesn't you need to stop being such a dick.

I'm not really getting personal. You don't listen and you're being an asshole. That's just a fact. I don't have a problem with you thinking the Sox won't sign a big one because that's what I myself have been pushing hard lately. But I'm not trying to claim it can never happen or acting like a dick to people for holding out hope. Sorry you can't see the difference.

Edited by RagahRagah