And now Wheeler on the market

39 minutes ago, bmags said:

I think part of this pushback is if you are interviewing for the baseball ops job you’d see this and think you’d be forced into a decision. That said, clearly this isn’t getting resolved soon. More likely the deals that have been rehashed as nauseum.

Winter meetings:

Monday: "The Phillies have traded Zach Wheeler and Andrew Vaughn for Michael Kopech"
Tuesday: "The Phillies would like to introduce their new General Manager Rick Hahn".

Cubs got away with it right?

• Like 1

On 11/9/2020 at 10:35 PM, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

I'm officially making the transition to being a Cubs fan. This is ridiculous and fucking embarrassing. I'd rather root for a team with a little self respect and decency. I encourage others to join me.

27 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

This is false. I considered it this year, but never made the actual switch. 

What a surprise, another time you didn't live up to your word.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 4

1 hour ago, chetkincaid said:

I think we’ll end up with Lance Lynn, Joc and maybe Quintana. That’s it. 

If you add Colome to that group you have a very good floor.  I expect a bit more but wouldn't be disappointed with that improvement to the club for now.

1 hour ago, chetkincaid said:

I think we’ll end up with Lance Lynn, Joc and maybe Quintana. That’s it. 

If the trade for Lynn is headlined by Steiver or someone lesser, and you add one or preferably two of the high end relievers on the market, and I'll take that offseason. It's not the best offseason, but not the worst, either.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

No idea where to put this and obviously coming from Cishek there needs to be a high degree of skepticism, but for the sake of conversation:

He's making the same AAV that they supposedly offered to Wheeler last year, unless the Wheeler offer of 5/125 was bullshit. 

7 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Who would he even be talking about? Snell and Darvish are the only “premier” pitchers available to my knowledge.

No idea, but kind of shitty he throws out names left and right, but then says something vague like this.  Even fake insiders should have some integrity!

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Yes. Harper's AAV is 25.3M. The contract has 11 years left. 

You know, I’ve started to come around to the idea that owners care way more about the total contract number than makes sense to us. 

5 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Yes. Harper's AAV is 25.3M. The contract has 11 years left. 

Jerry is 85. He probably doesn't have to worry about the last few years. Or at least, he shouldn't. 

I don’t think he’s ever going to operate that way and his partners would still be around, so kind of shittty & selfish to place that burden on them.

6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I don’t think he’s ever going to operate that way and his partners would still be around, so kind of shittty & selfish to place that burden on them.

I thought it was said that Jerry owns enough of the team that if he was gone, the group is selling. 

IIRC there is no majority owner with the Sox ownership group but I do believe that Jerry owns a significant plurality. Like greater than 30% and possibly slightly over 40%. Nobody knows for sure. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

22 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I wouldn't consider him a premier pitcher. 

I'd rather pay just money for Tanaka, even with the UCL issue. 

I think Lynn and Tanaka are similar pitchers. 

Cause if there’s one thing Jerry loves to spend money on, it’s pitchers with current elbow issues.