Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES!

And now Wheeler on the market

Recommended Posts

39 minutes ago, bmags said:

I think part of this pushback is if you are interviewing for the baseball ops job you’d see this and think you’d be forced into a decision. That said, clearly this isn’t getting resolved soon. More likely the deals that have been rehashed as nauseum.

Winter meetings:

Monday: "The Phillies have traded Zach Wheeler and Andrew Vaughn for Michael Kopech"
Tuesday: "The Phillies would like to introduce their new General Manager Rick Hahn".

Cubs got away with it right?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

When he became a Cub fan.

This is false. I considered it this year, but never made the actual switch. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Winter meetings:

Monday: "The Phillies have traded Zach Wheeler and Andrew Vaughn for Michael Kopech"
Tuesday: "The Phillies would like to introduce their new General Manager Rick Hahn".

Cubs got away with it right?

Don't say that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bmags said:

I agree with this though I’d not do kopech for this deal.

You’d rather trade Kopech than Dunning?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

With a minimal prospect return, I would love this.

The Phillies aren’t eating $100M under any circumstance and if they did they would get a massive prospect haul back.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2020 at 10:35 PM, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

I'm officially making the transition to being a Cubs fan. This is ridiculous and fucking embarrassing. I'd rather root for a team with a little self respect and decency. I encourage others to join me.

 

27 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

This is false. I considered it this year, but never made the actual switch. 

What a surprise, another time you didn't live up to your word.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

It was 7 million dollars. You acting like thats the same as me taking 100k instead of 106k is hilarious. 

Closer to family smh. These guys are on road 1/2 the year. They live elsewhere in off seasons.

 

Their wives travel with them the entire time too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

 

What a surprise, another time you didn't live up to your word.

Ron back pedaling on his claims?! never...

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Fire 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chetkincaid said:

I think we’ll end up with Lance Lynn, Joc and maybe Quintana. That’s it. 

If you add Colome to that group you have a very good floor.  I expect a bit more but wouldn't be disappointed with that improvement to the club for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chetkincaid said:

I think we’ll end up with Lance Lynn, Joc and maybe Quintana. That’s it. 

If the trade for Lynn is headlined by Steiver or someone lesser, and you add one or preferably two of the high end relievers on the market, and I'll take that offseason. It's not the best offseason, but not the worst, either.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No idea where to put this and obviously coming from Cishek there needs to be a high degree of skepticism, but for the sake of conversation:

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

No idea where to put this and obviously coming from Cishek there needs to be a high degree of skepticism, but for the sake of conversation:

 

Who would he even be talking about? Snell and Darvish are the only “premier” pitchers available to my knowledge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

No idea where to put this and obviously coming from Cishek there needs to be a high degree of skepticism, but for the sake of conversation:

 

He's making the same AAV that they supposedly offered to Wheeler last year, unless the Wheeler offer of 5/125 was bullshit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Who would he even be talking about? Snell and Darvish are the only “premier” pitchers available to my knowledge.

No idea, but kind of shitty he throws out names left and right, but then says something vague like this.  Even fake insiders should have some integrity!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

He's making the same AAV that they supposedly offered to Wheeler last year, unless the Wheeler offer of 5/125 was bullshit. 

Are you talking about Harper?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Are you talking about Harper?

Yes. Harper's AAV is 25.3M. The contract has 11 years left. 

Jerry is 85. He probably doesn't have to worry about the last few years. Or at least, he shouldn't. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Yes. Harper's AAV is 25.3M. The contract has 11 years left. 

You know, I’ve started to come around to the idea that owners care way more about the total contract number than makes sense to us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Yes. Harper's AAV is 25.3M. The contract has 11 years left. 

Jerry is 85. He probably doesn't have to worry about the last few years. Or at least, he shouldn't. 

I don’t think he’s ever going to operate that way and his partners would still be around, so kind of shittty & selfish to place that burden on them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I don’t think he’s ever going to operate that way and his partners would still be around, so kind of shittty & selfish to place that burden on them.

I thought it was said that Jerry owns enough of the team that if he was gone, the group is selling. 

IIRC there is no majority owner with the Sox ownership group but I do believe that Jerry owns a significant plurality. Like greater than 30% and possibly slightly over 40%. Nobody knows for sure. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

I thought it was said that Jerry owns enough of the team that if he was gone, the group is selling. 

That may be true, but not sure a big potential cash suck is something these guys want on the books if / when they look to sell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

No idea where to put this and obviously coming from Cishek there needs to be a high degree of skepticism, but for the sake of conversation:

 

Thank you for the time you put in for this info, I really appreciate it if you find more please post it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Who would he even be talking about? Snell and Darvish are the only “premier” pitchers available to my knowledge.

Lynn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Lynn.

I wouldn't consider him a premier pitcher. 

I'd rather pay just money for Tanaka, even with the UCL issue. 

I think Lynn and Tanaka are similar pitchers. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I wouldn't consider him a premier pitcher. 

I'd rather pay just money for Tanaka, even with the UCL issue. 

I think Lynn and Tanaka are similar pitchers. 

Cause if there’s one thing Jerry loves to spend money on, it’s pitchers with current elbow issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×