MLB Winter Meetings Thread

Orlando

10 minutes ago, Sarava said:

Don't want Gallo. Gross. Lynn or Darvish, heck yeah! And ask about Hendricks while talking to the Cubs.

There's not much out there that isn't super expensive. 

If I had to choose between Cease and Dunning as the centerpiece, I think I'm going Cease.

Cease+filler(Sheets, Burger, Adolfo, Rutherford type guys, maybe 2 of them) for Gallo and Lynn? Who says no? 

I don't want to, but that solves a bunch of problems with one deal. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

If I had to choose between Cease and Dunning as the centerpiece, I think I'm going Cease.

Cease+filler(Sheets, Burger, Adolfo, Rutherford type guys, maybe 2 of them) for Gallo and Lynn? Who says no? 

I was saying I do want all those guys, just not Gallo.

I mean, yeah if you ask about Darvish or Hendricks, you're going to pay a lot. That's ok. It's time for the Sox to take a swing for the fences.

8 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Quite a bit of smoke out there right now between the food burner accounts, club beat writers, some national writers, etc. Hopefully we start seeing some moves happen soon. 

Or they're just taking advantage of the "Winter meetings" to try to drive in more traffic.

16 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

It would cost at least Kopech or Vaughn to get Lynn and Gallo

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, fathom said:

It would cost at least Kopech or Vaughn to get Lynn and Gallo

A few laughs at my comment, but people really think the Rangers are going to from asking for Vaughn for Lynn to going “sure we will throw in our best offensive player also and don’t have to include Vaughn now”?

1 minute ago, fathom said:

I’m stunned people want Eaton back. He was hated by his teammates here and he’s a member of the “Yoan Moncada limp every time you run hard” club.  His defense has been quite poor lately as well.

And yet you're talking about trading Kopech and/or Vaughn for Gallo.  

Perspective......

Just now, fathom said:

I’m stunned people want Eaton back. He was hated by his teammates here and he’s a member of the “Yoan Moncada limp every time you run hard” club.  His defense has been quite poor lately as well.

Agree! Do we really want two light hitting outfielders (Engel and Eaton) playing right field?  I'm not sure I want Heyward in a trade. 

19 minutes ago, fathom said:

He also perfectly fits the grinder thing our manager loves to see out of others.

46 minutes ago, YourWhatHurts said:

And yet you're talking about trading Kopech and/or Vaughn for Gallo.  

Perspective......

So Joel Sherman suggests it would take Clint Frazier and Luke Voit to get Lynn and Gallo.  I’m sure Rangers would rather have Cease and filler

• Thanks 1